Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

I Made A Promise So Here I Am...Help Please!!

18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh and look at your stats, you dont want to lose that, and you dont want to start over again!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
At my 6 months all I could do was think about smoking, I didnt crave one because it was well out of my system but I did think about it allot. I refused to buy any because I didnt want to blow my quit or disappoint myself, I was so proud of me at that point. I was also headed to Las Vegas for my reward and I didnt want to cancel that trip. Maybe you need to plan a GREAT reward for you. Please try to keep in mind that its ok to think about them. Its just NOT ok to smoke them. Keep doing anything you can to keep your mind occupied, read, watch TV, go to a movie chew on straws, eat hard candies, breathe breathe and breathe some more. Keep posting here someone will have that magic piece of advice for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
[quote] ITS NOT EASY, BUT ITS WORTH IT!!! [/quote] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie Just want you to know that you are not alone in feeling this way. At about 75 days I started having those same kind of thoughts...Just go back to smoking...You can quit again...Getting really tired of all these thoughts that never seem to go away. What I do know is that there has been a smile on my face since day one. You have quit!!!!WOW. You need to pat yourself on the back. Don't expect anyone else to. We know how hard this is. What I am trying to work on right now is acceptance. Acceptance that I am quit and maybe I can relax a little bit. I have been afraid of slipping, but you know I really don't think I need to be afraid. Reaffirm your commitment to not smoke no matter what....NO MATTER WHAT....NOPE. Now let's get on with it. We do not smoke and lets stop thinking that maybe we can. It's a choice!!! We will make that choice when we need to. Judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$330,343.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6025 Hours: 19

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi RedRosie, I am on day 50. I come to the sight every day and it helps me. I am looking forward to the day I can become a V.I.P. I love the view and makes me feel good. Last night I joined a smoking cessation class. I am going every week in addition to the support from everyone here. I know I am an addict and it will take time and hard work. One of the members here posted this which sticks in my brain, Quitting is hard; dying is harder![b]Text[/b] You can do it. You are worth it.
  • Quit Meter

$340,560.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 4

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
redrosie, I'm going to bump a post for you by August. Read the first part very carefully. Over and over again if you must. You made this decision to quit smoking while you were of sound mind. During this quit journey we just don't have full use of all our brain cells. Our mind is warped and very susceptible to the whisperings from our addicted self (nicodemon, if you will). Trust the decision you made at the beginning. You knew then that this would be hard but you also knew that it could be sone! You've already been through worse, you can do this! Dig your heels in and see it through, you'll be so glad that you did! [color=Purple]~bugg huggs~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 363 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2395.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$52,365.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 916 Hours: 17

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're welcome redrosie! I'm glad it helped. We go through the same stages when we quit smoking as when we lose a loved one. Interesting, huh? You can't rush the stages, they work through in their own sweet time. All you can do is give it time, all while learning how to live your life without what you lost. thanks for the hug :p [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color]
  • Quit Meter

$52,365.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 916 Hours: 17

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: