Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

MMmmmmmm~~FOOD!!

16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all..you give me hope! Guess I had forgotten how good food tastes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
isn't it great Island Girl? Just add exercise to your diet also, I walk almost everyday during lunch at work. I exercised at least 3 times during my quit until I pulled a muscle in December, and I didn't gain any weight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 271 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $474.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did lose 15lbs, but with my treadmill down the last four weeks I gained a little bit back (4lbs), but it is thankfully up and running and I am back on track! I hate to give up all my treats, so I need to walk every day! But like I said, it does ease up so keep the quit first. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 330 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,481.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Islandgirl, This is normal as nicotine is an appetite suppressant. After we quit, it is uncommon to see a surge in appetite. So choose wisely, watch your portions and increase your physical activity. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Food does taste better at first, and your metabolism does slow. Well, i'll just be honest with you - I gained 60 pounds. Now - On top of the slowed metabolism and just frankly.. eating too darn much, I also take insulin (which helps to pack on the pounds) and I have a bad leg so i'm not as active as others. My advise is to enjoy the nummies but in moderation, and if you do overeat - don't beat yourself up, and DON'T let it become an excuse for your adiction to get you to give in. I'm loosing my weight now. My metobolism is where it was, and i'm re-learning normal portion sizes and everything. So, like I tell everyone.. Nothing lasts forever! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 561 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,518.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
So, Lainey, you lost most of the weight? I think that is my worst fear in all of this, that I will gain 10 or 15 pounds. I know how hard those "last 10 pounds" are to lose! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Islandgirl! Don't worry too much, even the wanting to eat everything in sight eases up after a while. It does get better as your metabolism evens out. I think part of it is the hand to mouth habit too. Chewing gum helps. Keep walking and try to have lots of cut up veggies on hand. I gainned 17 lbs all total, and it does come off after things settle down! So hang in there, pamper yourself, and look after your quit first and foremost, it's way more healthy for you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 330 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,481.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Thanks Den 3 pounds in 3 weeks is not bad, if that is all, then I can handle that with diet and workouts, but the way I have been eating made me feel like it might be 30 pounds in 3 months!! It's an ugly day today so I will pace the house today instead of going on a walk. Feeling like a caged jungle cat some days!! But, I am not smoking!!! 36 years of somoking and I have quit!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky is right. Although i am a lot like you and not liking the thought of gaining weight. I was terrified at first. I think i have gained 3 pounds in three weeks, not liking it. But better still i have not had even one puff for 23 days. I am going to start going to the gym more regular and make it a new "habit" That way i can feel even better about my quit. Look for things to replace smoking - healthy things that keep your mind off both smoking and eating. The busier i find myself the happier i am. Keep strong and stay stopped! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Thanks Sparky (as I stuff the rest of a cookie into my mouth) LOL!! I do appreciate the answer, I keep trying and am glad that I am not alone in this battle. Have a happy day! ;-)

Reading this thread: