Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Couch Potatos Unite! A couch potato's workout thread!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Boxerfan! Good for you! Glad its working for you! Or should I say glad you are working so hard, as the case may be! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,266.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, maybe I won't make myself any promises just yet. I'll keep checking in with you guys, though & then when I really am ready, I'll have the motivation of knowing all of you did it. I am getting outside now that the weather is nice & not sitting around so much. Maybe that will have some small effect. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $561.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, It took me nearly TWO YEARS before I was ready to adderss the weight issue! If you're not ready yet, that's OK. Some can tackle losing weight while in the early months of their quits, but I'm like you... I get obsessed when I have a goal! But lately, it got to the point where I couldn't ignore the issue anymore and HAD to do something about it... so I am! But if you're not ready, don't worry. It will come with time. But if you are ready, we're more than happy to have you on board! Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 746 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,080.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Awesome, BFS. Yup, I am definitely starting to feel a little left out. I am going to set a goal weight & come up with a plan in the next few days. I'm a little afraid of putting too much pressure on myself. I get a little obsessed when I have a goal. Maybe I'll make it small to start, like 5 pounds or something. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $561.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm now within 10 lbs of my realistic goal... my not-so-realistic goal is still about 20 lbs away... but I haven't weighed that in about 5 years... since even before I quit smoking! Right now, I'm just trying to get back to my pre-quit weight, which is now only TEN POUNDS AWAY!!! There's light at the end of the tunnel (I hope!) :) Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 746 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,080.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
WOOHOO!!! boxerfan. I'll have to check in here more often, there's more & more good news & you quitter-losers are motivating me to do the same! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $561.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Went to my weekly meeting today. I just love Tuesdays!! I lost 1.8 pounds this week :) Week 1- 4.4 pounds Week 2- 1.8 pounds Total- 6.2 pounds I think I'm going to start exercising this week! WOO HOO! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $485.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gen does it hurt to move your feet and/or legs? if not, then maybe you could do scissors? or leg lifts? but i'd check with your doctor first. Don't want to mess up what repairs have been done. how long till the next step? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $673.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Aloha Sorry didn't see this till today! Good idea, the tightening and loosening bit (I remember those from before too) The Jumping Jacks without the jumping I'm not sure about... Trying to type with both feet on the table is exhausting but must do something for the thighs? (I have to keep the feet elevated). Thanks again. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,488 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �465.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gen Hang in there honey. You'll be off the couch one of these days. How about chair dancing? You know where you dance while sitting down? or isometric exercises? Tightening different body parts for 10 counts, releasing, then 10 more, etc. I know at one point I did those and they at least tightened up some strategic parts ;) Also, arm circles...big ones, small ones, and when you get bored with circles there's always the figure 8. Half jumping jacks..without the jumping? Just made that one up....lol I guesss what I'm saying is, do what you can. I know it's frustrating to the max ((hugs)) btw, I think I missed congratulating you on those awesome 90 days!!!!!!! So, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $659.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: