Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Couch Potatos Unite! A couch potato's workout thread!

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen I goofed up yesterday....thought it was Coben who was noticing the lack of weight gain when I suggested that thread. Anyways....great you are keeping at it and have noticed a loss! lol on the "odd walkers"...same thing around my neighborhood I worked in the yard for 1 hours and 20 minutes today. Some shoveling, some wheelbarrowing, and some sifting and lifting [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,907 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lost one of the two pounds I gained after losing one, so I'm back to my starting point again! Walked 6 miles today in 2 hours--first hour somewhat uphill, a 15-minute water break, and 2 hours flat and slightly downhill. Most people don't walk in our neighborhood, and there are no sidewalks, so we have to fight with cars for space on the roads. We are even becoming neighborhood "characters", and people now wave to us as they speed by in their cars. We have been told that we make great conversational topics at neighborhood cocktail parties--people compare when and where they have seen us walking! :blush: Thank goodness for summer! We are even able to eat better with warm weather, as we fire up the grill and cook seafood, chicken, or steaks to have with fresh vegies. We will have to find some good alternatives for foods and exercise come winter, so I hope my metabolism speeds up before then so I don't have to buy a treadmill! Happy reductions to all of you smoke-free couch potatoes :) Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Friends, So far Sweetheart hasn't put the bike together. Now under normal circumstances that wouldn't stop me from exercising somehow, but I have a foot problem that I am treating and I am unable to walk/run for exercise until it heals. I have no pool and it's not warm enough to swim anyway. It kind of limits my options. So I have dusted off my pom poms and will cheer all of you onwards while I sit and wait for my bicycle...and I hope the old adage is true that you never forget! I can't remember what I had for lunch so we will see about the riding the bike thing. I remain determined, just postponed a little bit. Do you like my little cheerleading outfit? I think the boa adds just the right touch! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $402.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil Think this one is in the wrong place. amlooking for Mr Ed and his race but can't find it. I had a fiver each way on him. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 659 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �287 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I walked at the park for 20 minutes. I had planned on doing 30 minutes every day, but I think that's a little more than I can handle right now. So, I'll stick with the 20 minutes for a week, and then try to do 30 minutes every day next week. It felt great to be able to walk and take DEEP breaths!! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just got back from the pool. On Saturday, I swam laps for 20 minutes and kickboard for 10 for a total of 30 minutes. Today, I swam for 30 minutes and kickboard for 10 for a total of 40 minutes. I'm working my way up and hopefully soon will be able to swim for an hour straight! I'm hoping anyway! I've decided not to weight myself and just let my clothes tell me how I'm doing. Who else exercised today? How did it go? Crave the Quit! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 689 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2845.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WAIT FOR ME... I'M IN. I walk everyday after work for about 1/2 hour with my dog. That means I have to up something....huh?... if I want to lose weight. Any suggestions. Do I gotta lay on the floor and do those crunches????? :confuse: oh no... please..no!! :blush: alright.. I will... Besides, I have to...my belly is the fatest part of me. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ki - I had the same thing happen. Thought I lost 2 lbs and then a day or 2 later they came back and brought a friend with them! :gasp: I am hoping that if I just concentrate on trying to eat healthier, drink enough water and get exercise, it will all adjust over time. I've been either walking or dancing and when I dance I try to throw arm excercises and aerobic moves like kicks, marching and going up and down steps in to jazz up the workout. Hopefully it will work! Of course, I have to shut my mouth and stop putting the junk food into it, too. Here's to us all getting to the shapes we desire. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$119,560.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 11

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ButteflySwimmer I was thinking of starting a thread like this, and then voila! saw this one you started. Thanks again for your always motivating posts. I just returned from a vacation and am newly motivated to start getting active and losing weight again. Today I am going to work in the yard for 45 minutes to an hour. CobenFan...you might want to check out a thread in Smoking Cessation and Weight-Gain called "Here's a thread where I fit in" A member named Sammi Jo (...where is she anyways????) had the same type of experience. Our wonderful Butterfly here gave her great advice. If I don't post an activity every day, I WANT you folks to call me on it...okay??????? Please??????? I NEED the encouragement to make exercise a regular part of my life again!!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It really irks me that it took a whole week of work to lose 1 lb, yet the next day I could GAIN two pounds! Hopefully it's just water gain. Can't think of any other reason to have gained 2 pounds overnight. The only difference in routine was a day of house cleaning instead of 2 hours walking. Oh well, we just returned from a 4-mile hilly treck, so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow! :quest: Hope you're feeling better, Angelcapp! Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $186 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: