Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,680 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Anybody who has lost/is losing - can you help?

17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't anymore. There is a lot of good advice. I like to walk. Need to get back to wieghts. Mainly watch what is going in to my mouth :eg: Guess the key is common sense. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $141 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The week before I quit I went on one of the cabbage soup diets, I losst 6 lbs. Then when I quit smoking I vowed I would stay dieting and exercise, I knew if I gained weight it would give me an excuse to start smoking again. I watched EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, I walked 2 miles every morning and every night, and biked or swam whenever I could. I not only did not gain I actually lost weight when I quit. I must warn you though I gave my diet as much concentration as I did my quitting. This was not an easy task but it was well worth it. I have since joined a gym (using money saved from quitting) and have toned everything up. I feel wonderful and am so proud of myself. I have had many friends tell me how good I look and how good a job I done with quitting. I am not trying to blow my own horn I am just letting you know it can be done. Do whatever you can to lose the lbs. and you will feel even better than you do now with your quit, it is awesome!!! The dieting and exercise helps keep your mind off smoking too. Good luck and work hard, it is worth it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4852.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 88 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity, here's my experience. The first year of my quit I walked at least a half-hour most days or did a low-impact exercise dvd. I also stopped eating sweets, chips and processed foods and concentrated on vegetables, fruits, and grains. I didn't lose much in terms of pounds, but my blood pressure and heart rate returned to normal, I had a lot more energy and stamina, and my body firmed up some. I bought some light dumbbells (2,3 and 5 to start) and a Lift Weights to Lose Weight dvd and some others, and did those 2 or 3 days a week and that's when the pounds started coming off. There are lots of dvds that combine weight and aerobic, a lot of the Walk Away the Pounds do that. Just remember that it takes time. Don't get on the scale every day...the scale isn't your friend. Gauge your progress by how you feel and how your clothes fit. Don't believe any claims that say "in no time" or lose xxx pounds in two weeks. Most of those kinds of claims are hustlers who want your money. The best way to lose weight and be healthy is to exercise and eat right...just like they always told us! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 775 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2712.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 107 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$55,047.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 1

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: