Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

People keep giving me food!

17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Windy! I would have a hard time with that- its hard to turn down all that good stuff!! But I would probably just tell them the truth; Since quitting smoking I have put on a few pounds and I am trying to get it, and keep it, off. Let them know that when you quit your metabolism slows down- those goodies go straight to your hips without a smoke break!!! Good luck, if I had your problem i would probably weigh a tonne... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $382.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$545,160.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4203 Hours: 20

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had to laugh....Life can't be too bad if your biggest problem is being surrounded by nice people that keep giving you good. Today, my neighbour (who is in her 80's) was waiting for me with chocolate cake....I will take Rusty's advice and put in the freezer (along with the venison and extra date squares) My other neighbour gave me vegetarian chili!! (Woohooo - That one is on my diet plan!) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Okay everybody - I'm going to freeze it all and have a big SCC party. Today I had meatloaf, potatos and peas on my counter waiting to be popped in the microwave. (Did I tell you that neighbours have a key to my apartment too?) I am done complaining...I am so lucky to be surrounded by such nice people. I ate most of it and enjoyed every bit of it. I do BELIEVE that my cup is half-full (and not half-empty) and it is time to recognize just how fortunate I am to be surrounded by so many good people. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,736 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Come on in Jan - There's lots to eat! The cats will keep you company until I get home. If you're locked out, just ask the neighbours for the key..........I have a nice piece of chocolate cake waiting for you. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
I'm having a hard time....I work with families in a rural community. There are many good cooks and sharing food is a way of making someone feel welcome. I also live in an apartment building filled with nice families...Everybody wants to feed me! They are such wonderful people and I really appreciate their kindness. I honestly feel rude when I turn down someone's offer to share their baking (but even ruder to leave part of it on the plate). I've often complemented several of these people on their baking and one lady looked kind of hurt when I declined her offer today. I came home to a nice piece of apple pie from another neighbour. There are tons of people who weigh as much as me and some who weigh more. It seems even ruder to tell someone who is heavier than me that I can't eat the food they offered me because I am on a diet. Wondering how I can watch my weight and show my appreciation for their kindness too. Hmmm...I wonder what Miss Manners would say?? Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $670 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Windy, Here I am at your front door with my knife and fork in hand!!!! You want to share, right???? Right now, food is tasting just a bit too good! Soon I'll be a regular on this weight forum. Although, tonight for supper we had homemade pizzas on whole grain pita bread. Lots of veggies too! We just won't discuss what I had for lunch! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deli waiting patiently at Windy's front door with sausage rolls, cakes, crisps, tarte aux citron... Where's Windy?????? ;) ;p :p Buy a goat!!! They'll eat anything, apparently! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �531 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL, only you could get food :eg: If you were not such a special person, they wouldn't want to give it to you :p Have I kissed up enough that you want to share? Take it and freeze it. When hubby comes home he will have some treats. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great question... I wish I had that problem though! Surrounded by kind and generous people that love to cook! I am sure that Rusty's idea will work out great for you. And then, like Josie says...pop that sucker in the freezer for that night you don't feel like cooking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You could say "Oh I just ate. Could I take it home with me?" or "My tummy's not feeling so hot right now. Could I take it home with me?" As gracious as people are, you don't have to feel forced to eat food you don't want. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 771 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2698.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 107 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$54,974.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 4

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: