Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

I'm done for now

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry kate the above message was meant for butterfly swimmer. oooops sorry feeling a bit flustered today. Sue x
  • Quit Meter

$99,908.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 9

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate it might be water retention. That causes fast weight gain, It also make you feel puffy. Try drinking 2 litres of water a day (if you are not already) and try the chemist for a duretic that should help take the puffy feeling away. Also watch youre salt intake it can be hidden in the most innocent looking things but especially in salted nuts, crisps etc. Hope you feel better soon hun, Im on my first week and am trying to keep the weight off best I can too. Sue x
  • Quit Meter

$99,908.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 9

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good for you kate, hey take it easy on the ouzo, you may come home happy but wake up not so happy lol I worked for greeks for 7 years and man do they like to party. keep the quit going
  • Quit Meter

$163,486.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 9

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate take care of yourself you deserve it. Enjoy your meals and don't starve yourself :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $424 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so...i decided to relax a little and change my attitude. The last 3-4 days i increased my calories-not REALLY increased- but i kind enjoyed my time out with friends,i ate things that i liked more than a salad and a steak and that was about it. I didn't even go to the gym yesterday, since i prefered to spend my afternoon with a friend-shopping and dinner out-... i didn't feel guilty. I ate all these delicious fish greek-way-cooked things and drank ouzo (for those of you who know). i came home happy and HAPPY!!! LOL i'm good... maybe i was not taking enough to make my metabolism work.. i will see... it's about to rain in Athens/Greece xxx kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you! ... and yes I know the ouzo from Santorini, Lesbos, Mykonos, Zakinthos, Cephallonia, Paros, Poros and Naxos. .. also the raki from Crete! Dangerous stuff! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1695 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, It is ok to reward yourself once in a while and especially at milestones that mean the most to you! You sound relaxed and happy, this is what is important :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: