Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

i'm getting really angry

17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right there with you Kate!!! It is frustrating it all seems to be around my belly, just feel puffy. Just glad it is getting colder so I can hide it under bulky sweaters! :p It makes me want to break down too...but I will not smoke, it will not solve my weight issues. I will give it more time and then talk to my Doc if I just cannot take it anymore. You are not alone so do not feel it is just you facing this by yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh Kate.....how lucky we'd all be to be in your shoes. I'd personally love to be 5'9" and 132 pounds :p. I don't think I'll ever get there. But I am starting to lose some. Just be patient, wait for your metabolism to level out and it will happen for you. If you want to share your cake and ice cream i'll put off dieting for one day :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
..i'm almost 30 days (tomorrow). i'm working out 4 times a week. I follow a special nutrition program. And i'm still on the same weight..not 100grs less. I'm starting to get angry..disappointed..frustrated and ready to go out and eat this big,delicious chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup on top and a chocolate milk shake and then hate myself for it!! i'm getting really sad and disappointed,really. it doesn't seem to move at all... i drink lots of water...i move all the time... boooohooooooooo :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm right there with you! I'm keeping the faith, because it seems from people's posts here that we will eventually start to lose, it just may take a some time. I'm trying not to get down, because I am enjoying exercising, since I haven't done it in soooo long. Of course I DID cheat and eat frozen pizza for dinner last nite. Just keep in mind, you are not gaining, which is more than I can say for me....11 pounds in 3 months. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $503.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not going to worry about the weight too much right now. Let me know if you succomb to the cake and icecream, Kate...I'll join you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, Keep persevering. You're putting forth a great effort! The weight loss will happen just give it a litte time. You might find it helpful to integrate a reward system into that regime until you can see the weight coming off? Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MMMMMM a chocolate party! Can I join? Hi girls. I gained 15 pounds in three months - thats more than when I was 3 months pregnant with my last baby - LOL. I can tell you that the food binging and over eating has stopped for me. I have gone back to Curves and the inches are SLOWLY coming off. There is hope Kate, I promise. Just remember to be kind to yourself in the meantime. YOu've quit smoking so do your happy dance. You look MARVELOUS!!!!! Cheers, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $555.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree, a little chocolate is not a bad thing. OK..a lot of chocolate! If it'll help you get through without smoking, I say eat the cake! The weight will come off eventually. When you're ready. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: