Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Who is exercising?

17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome everyone, truly great to view all you exercisers. For myself I started May 1, 2006, haven't been off the couch (actually exercising)in years. Sarted off by walking the first week, then week 2 got into running about the distance of 2 power poles, or 1 minute running, 1 minute walking, gradually building up to today's exercising format of 2sets 10 minute running followed by 1 minute walking breaks then 5 more minutes of running. Some stretching type exercises for another 10 minutes then 5+ minutes of more running. Finally walking back home which takes about 10 - 15 minutes, great for cooling down. And last but least it is fantastic seeing all the animals out and about in the early morning, such as deer, birds, have yet to figure out what the small 4 legged animal is. Keep on working out and maintain your commitment to quiting the cigarettes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$299,838.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8850 Hours: 2

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i Bought a bike last week.just a few days before my quit.could barely get around the block without getting winded.but now I can ride for 6 miles. :)Its amazing how soon our bodies recover.This my fifth day nicotine free and I feel better now since I have a new outlet to fight the craves & depression.I,ve heard that bike riding increases endorphines in your body.Whatever that is.It works for me.Every day I push my self to go a little farther so tomorrow I,m goimg to go 8 miles.My goal is to be able to bike 100 miles for a day ,by this time next year.I have to look at my training the same way I look at my recovery from the N-word,One day at a time.Eventually with perserverance and dedication I can achieve both goals in life.Thanx for letting me share Tony ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$18,749.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 946 Hours: 20

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
elaine, Welcome to our community and please take a look around. You will see the difference the site can make! Our online program and support group will be able to assist you through those tough times. Post often and let us help you :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been running at least 5 miles every day for years and years. I would come home from a run and be smoking probably within 10 minutes. Can you imagine.. sitting in sweaty work out clothes while puffing away on a cigarette - pretty stupid looking I would imagine. I actually read that people who have addictive personalities often do work out pretty religiously. Although, I was always embarassed around my running friends to be a smoker. One thing I look forward to is when they notice they haven't seen me smoke in a LONG LONG time. Today was my toughest day BY FAR BY FAR BY FAR. I've been on the computer all day, and otherwise just sitting around with a bad attitude feeling sorry for myself. Reading this topic string has given me the motivation to grab my sneakers and my tunes and hit the trail. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am loving the difference between my workouts now and how it was when I was smoking... I'm pushing myself more with cardio and lifting heavier weights, realizing now while I was smoking I was just "phoning in" my workouts. The deep breaths feel amaaaaaaaaazing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The things that are soooo hard about staying on the band wagon is the emotional roller coster that I am on and the fact that I am trying to be mercifull on myself while I am makeing this adgustment. For instance, now is the time that I should probly be going to the gym, but i feel like **** right now and I am thinking of taking a nap instead. Earlier today I was soooo up that I was laughing at everything. I don't know what I'm going to be like. I am also trying soooo hard that every now and then, somethings gotta give and I have told myself that no matter what, the smokings gotta go. So sometimes, I just have to be easier on myself. My first week which was last week, I missed going to the gym two days just because I felt so crummy. I just fixed dinner, got my kids settled in and went to bed early. So anyways, it's a big balancing act and sometimes I feel like there is nothing left to just enjoy. But that's probly just my emotional roller coaster again and after I take a nap I will feel better. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$74,959.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 22

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey, you know what, when I was smoking was when I was doing the two hours a day and guess what I did when I was finished. got right in the car and lite up! Two hours is a long time to go for a 2 to three pack a day smoker! When I quit, that cigarette after I worked out was one of the hardest ones to quit! How wierd. Now I want to tell you something. This morning I actually woke up naturally at about 5 am, (I am having some of the sleep problems) and I just stayed in bed, dozing. After a while I realized that I wouldn't have been able to do that when I smoked, I would have had to get up and smoke by that time. By and by I fell back to sleep again. That was kind of a strange start. I want everyone to notice that I have hit one day of life saved on my meter! I'm am going to spend that day holding one of my future grandchildren! (I don't have any yet but my son is recently married and I love my new daughter-in-law so I am looking forward to someday getting some, no pressure on them though) I'm glad I'm still here and not smoking. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$74,959.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

i just lost a lot of weight and I had to excersize really hard to achieve that but now that I have reached my goal weight, I have to decide how much I want to do for life so I can begin that level and learn how many calories I can eat and maintain my weight. I was doing about two hours every other day and one hour the other day. But I am a middle aged woman, just approaching menopause and here is what is recommended for me: 30 min to 1 hour total of cardio most days of the week weight (circuit training) 3 times a week (it takes about 30 min.) So that is what I am trying to cut down to. Keeping on the excersize band wagon has been hard sence I quit smoking. I think I have to many band wagons to balance on. (diet, excersize, smoking) I have maintained my weight pretty well though. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$74,959.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I actually just started working as an employee in a gym which only adds to the shame of my smoking. On a more positive note, it is helping me with my decision to quit. I like to use the ellipticals and treadmills because they are right in front of the t.v. if i were sitting at home in front of the t.v., i would be smoking. now i have another option. if you want a workout that helps you relax and sleep better, try using the circuit machines to tone muscle and then do your cardio. after about a week, you will notice a huge difference in your sleep. good luck with your workout plan! jane :)
  • Quit Meter

$16,821.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 303 Hours: 3

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are all such an inspiration to me!!! T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$15,024.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 369 Hours: 1

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: