Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

New Ideas PLEASE!!!!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls, My suggestion would be to speak to a nutritionist for your diet. You have special needs and it could get tricky or unhealthy for pre-diabetics and diabetics. Hope this helps, Melanie _________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat made with Honey ... only 45 cal a slice, sugars only 1 gram Light Yogurt (any flavor) 6 oz containers only 90 cal mix a crumbled up Special K breakfast bar into it YUM ... total cal 180 ... tastes like desert Shrimp is very low in calories and high in protein Turkey is another thing that is low in cal and high in protein Tuna in spring water ... another low cal/high protein food Tofu, instead of mayo, is great for making dips for veggies ... tons of recipes on the net [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 321 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$54,488.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 13

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey 4 I just posted to the other low-cal thread 4 ya :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Orville Redenbacher SmartPop Microwave Popcorn. It's low in fat and calories and tastes pretty darn good. I love it with my Crystal Light Pink Lemonade. It's great when I'm watching a movie. Get some low cal bread. I can find some sour dough breads that are only 60 calories a slice. I'll toast it up. Spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on it and you can use a little sugar free jam. I also munch on the rice cake snacks. OH! And sugar free jello! You can buy it already made up or make it yourself. Make it plain or add some fruit to it. It's even better with a little lowfat cool whip to top it off.
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, I just posted this on another thread in response to a low-cal snacks, but I am desperate!!!! I am sooooo tired of raw veggies and fruit. I force myself to eat them because I need to. Let me start from the beginning: I am pre-diabetic. My 7 year old daughter is the same. I have not had us tested in about 7 months for fear of the dreaded word.... Diabetes.... I know I should not play with fire. This is our lives, but I am also trying to get health insurance, and with Diabetes listed on our history, we will be paying through the roof!!!!! Right now the cost is $568/monthly for a high deductible PPO!!!!!! So it will be even higher with Diabetes!! Anyhow, I have put on enough weight. So has my family. My daughter included. I need snack ideas that my family could have. Ideas that are easy, kid-friendly and different!!!! Am I way off base?? I have no clue when it comes to this stuff. Obviously. For my kids life and mine, can I get some creative ideas on snacky things, besides fruit and veggies????? Thanks a bunch in advance!!!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Hi Melaine, I know stepping on Diabetic ground is scarey. However, I have for over 3 years searched for a Pediatric Nutritionist. They do not exist. At least, not that I have found. I have a zillion books, and have seen every website. There is no different info out there. Especially for a 7 year old. My Nutritionist orginally put her on a 2000-cal diet plan!!!! Of course I didnt follow it. 2000 calories??? Geesh, my diet shouldnt be 2000 calories..... let alone a 7 yr old. Trying to come up with playful, new ideas for her is tough enough. I seem to give up. It is sooo hard to find ideas with her that will interest her, and that she will eat. I was just looking for any ideas that are more kid friendly. Most of the recipes that I come across are just to "fancy". My kids wont eat most of them. There just doesnt seem any help out there for me. Gosh, I am so positive about my quit, but so negative about this. So "hopeless" about this. I see no light at the end of this tunnel. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.61 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Thank you so much Luci! All of them sound great!! See, that is just what I needed. Some fresh, new ideas!! Thank you very much!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you guys for adding your ideas!! Bootsie: We love popcorn! I went and bought some of the kind you listed, and it is GREAT!! I cannot give out bread freely. We do eat bread for lunch. It must be whole wheat though. We eat jello all of the time!! I grew up on it. And you cannot even tell the difference between the reg and the sugar free!! Thank you!! Hummy: You are so lucky to have access to information! I have read and investigated for several years now. I have just come to realize that the problem lies with me. I am very perticular with food. Not very good with changing it. So I never offered my kids the variety that they needed. I am trying though. I now eat pork chops, and I love them. I tried a green bean casserole, and love that too. As long as they see me trying, they will catch on. I've never heard of Cliff bars, but I will look for them. The only "healthy" store we have is Trader Joes. I have started to go there regularly. We bought some soy pretzels. The girls love them!! We also buy soybeans-- love them!! Our stores out here (So. Cal) are just now adding in some diabetic stuff.... finally. Dried fruit.... excellent... I will check the sugar.... And I didn't even think of almonds!! My girls love them when I buy the mixed nuts. I am going to buy a can!! One can a week is all they ask......... Thank you for your ideas! I am going to ask for ideas from Trader Joes. A little bit of info from 100 people, and I will have 100 ideas!! N2K: My kids will eat red grapes, but not frozen. They "are too cold" for them..... go figure.. ice cream (frozen)... grapes (frozen)... how can that be??!!! lol What kind of veggies to you grill up? I do zucchini, yellow squash, all colors of bell peppers, red onions, and mushrooms. I sprinkle on Mrs. Dash, and spray with Pam, then put them into my grilling basket. My kids and hubby hate it. I love it. I will have that as my dinner. They literally gag. Just wondering what you grill?????? The star fruit!! I saw that in a magazine...... it looked really cool!! I completely forgot about that! I am gonna dig out that magazine and find the name. Thank you! Tofu...... hhmmmmmm. I'll have to be brave one day and try it................. Thank you all for helping! I am making my list of all of the things that peopl
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi4my2girls~ Just some other ideas here: You can freeze red grapes and my husband and son both love eating them frozen. I often grill a bunch of veggies with chicken breast on the weekend and portion it into kid friendly colorful plastic containers. Mon-Fri I have a quick and healthy snack/meal for my son after school. It only needs to be nuked. -- If you haven't tried it...there's a fruit called 'star fruit' it taste like kiwi and when you cut it it's star shaped. My 9 yr old loves it too. -- This isn't fast but it is a good way to add protein to a kids diet. Tofu has lots of protein and no flavor so you can mix it into scrambled eggs without them being the wiser (there are hundreds of tofu recipes on the internet too) [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1365 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls, Sorry so slow to respond! :8o: My garden is prettier than my pc in the spring ;) I cook all the same veggies (on the grill) as you, plus asparagus, egg plant and corn. The kid can eat his weight in grilled corn. Now when it comes to veggies he doesn't like...well we have a little game we play. Keep in mind that he is ALL boy: It involves rewards and is played a lot like the tv show 'Fear Factor' :eg: Btw~the soy pretzels and soybeans are excellent choices. (tofu is made of soybeans) Keep up your great quit. I wish you well in every way! Laters. :) [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,069 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1375 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: