Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

I was doing so well... then... it happened

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shortcake!

Hello and welcome to the SSC!  To answer your question...  go to the "Support Group Options" above and to the right of this box and fill in the boxes!  You can also enter information by clicking on the "personal profile" button.

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 582
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,550
Amount Saved: $2,400.75
Life Gained:
Days: 98 Hrs: 15 Mins: 11 Seconds: 40

• Quit Meter

$44,317.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 17

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
♥Thanks a million♥

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/25/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 13
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 325
Amount Saved: $81.25
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 3 Mins: 23 Seconds: 57

• Quit Meter

$454,190.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5354 Hours: 14

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Everyone - thank you so much for your kind words and support to me, I appreciate it so very much.  I just know that from now on I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT go back to the smoking area again, no matter what!  I will wait patiently until my co-workers come back up to ask them something - and when they do - I will take a deep breath and smell how horrible the smoke smells on their clothes!  I did break down and told my Husband what had happened because he has been such a good supporter to me over the past couple of weeks.  He was very disappointed, but understood.  He told me that one slip could lead to full time smoking again, and he is absolutely right about that.  I promised him, no more, and I mean it.

Again, thank you all so much for your support and help - it is nice to know I am human and can make mistakes.

One question tho...how do I get my "milage" to show up on my posts?

♥Thanks again♥

• Quit Meter

$454,190.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's OK! Just don't give in to your habit again. You said it yourself: it tasted like $%^&. So why crave it, right? Move on, put the patch back on if it helps you (sure does the trick for me...), breath in and start over.
We're here and we understand your struggle. I'm right there with you
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 105
Amount Saved: $13.65
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 33 Seconds: 54

14 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shortcake,

You are not horrible, you are an addict and you are learning how to deal with that.  Next time you will be more prepared and you will come here first!!  You can learn from these situations and it sounds like you did. Now worries, just push forward...you need to tell that nicodemon to get off your back, cause were watching it for you.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/7/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 671
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,130
Amount Saved: $2,516.25
Life Gained:
Days: 55 Hrs: 20 Mins: 15 Seconds: 58

14 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Shortcake,
No you are not horrible. The natural thing for us to do is to smoke. We do what's unnatural to us when we quit. Most everyone here agrees this is the most difficult thing we have ever done, but it is doable. We are sitting ducks if we don't plan ahead on how we will handle smoking situations as they come up. Go through the milestone program here. You will get plenty of support from those of us who have been where you are and from those who are going through the same things you are now. A positive mental attitude will make a world of difference.
You can do this!
cameless

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 661
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,525
Amount Saved: $5,494.56
Life Gained:
Days: 126 Hrs: 4 Mins: 30 Seconds: 42

Hi Everyone...

I was doing so well, I was on day 13 - I tried the patch, then ended up going cold turkey..which was working great...until this morning.  I got to work, my desk looked like it was picked up and shaken it was so crazy.  I went back in the smoking area to ask another co-worker a question and she was smoking...I picked up a cigarette and lit it!!  It tasted like crap for sure!!  When I realized I was falling into the old habit, I put it out right away and left.  I have been eating hard candy and drinking coffee, but I am feeling so bad about this.  My Husband (who has never smoked) has been trying to support me, but he has no idea what I am going through, so I can't tell him what happened.  I feel horrible..I have been doing so well, then BAM.

Any thoughts??  Am I horrible or what??

Thanks for your time.

• Quit Meter

$454,190.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter