Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Not going to be posting for a while..

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas,

You've done well with a seven day quit.  I understand that there has been some sticky stuff in your life.  You are correct, you will have to quit your way, and 8 days with 1 smoke is something to be proud of.  I slipped on day 4 of mine, started back and I am 125 days in.  So it can be done.  Please keep in mind though that smoking is not an answer to make you feel better for life's problems.  In order to quit, eventually you will have to deal with things that smoking would numb a bit.  Take a break if you need, but come right back.  If you are strugging, come to us, and we will help. 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 125
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,875
Amount Saved: $937.50
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 17 Mins: 11 Seconds: 44

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas,

You are right one in 7 days is really good!  Some people decide to cut back before they quit completely.  It is your choice how you want to run your quit and it sounds like you are off to a good start. 

I wish you would reconsider not posting.  You are an important member of this community and we all would miss you.  I think just because you are quitting differently then others doesn't mean you won't benefit from being here.  No one here will judge you because of that one cigarette you had.  Take your time and post when you are ready.  We will be here for you whenever you are ready.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I came here today because for the past couple days I have been doing alot of thinking and reflecting..I smoked a cigarette about 10 minutes ago..i do not feel like I fail because it was one cigarette..Smoking one cigarette doesn't make me a quitter on my quit..I was just tired of battling this thing and said ok..just one and it may be the worse thing I could have done but I don't think it has to be..I do not have to continue smoking, I can stop just like I did over a week ago..according to my meter it says I made it through Hell week..well according to how I felt this morning and most the day it is still hell..
  The lozenges was helping but was making my throat hurt and making me dizzy..i look at it this way 1 cigarette in 8 days is awesome..and even if I have to tell myself ok you gotta wait 8 more days until you smoke another eventually i will make it to none..So you see 8 days smoke free is worth something..To me it is a beginning..I have to do this my way and no one elses..If this works for me then great, if it does not I will have to find a different way to do this..But if I stay smoke free and go to the doctor on the 12th and tell her that in 14 days I only smoked one cigarette she will be happy as can be....i am going through alot on this side..I know that no matter what i am going through it is still worth stopping but, over loading myself isn't helping..A little over two months ago I was told I had high blood pressure and am still learning how to rearrange my diet to reduce my blood pressure..i was told to lose some weight and I am trying..I am still facing a biopsy on the 12th to find out if i have cervical cancer..i have three kids here at home for the summer and my husband who was laid off of work..So everyday is a challenge and full of stress like I have never had in all my life..then I throwed stop smoking in there and made my life a big huge emotional roller coaster ride...i will still be here in the back ground reading and rooting for everyone and waiting for the time when i can jump back in and say hey look I did it..if from time to time any of you wanna know how I am doing just post and I will answer...I know everyone says not one puff ever and that one cigarette will lead to another and the truth is that it doesn't have to..we all are in control of our minds and our bodies and we decide in the end what we will do..I don't have to go smoke the rest of that pack and have no intents to..I know now how strong I am and I know what i am capable of and what i am not..I know one slip doesn't have to lead to full fledged smoking again..I know I can manage 8 days and i will do it again and see if I can make it past that this time..I hope all the best for everyone out there and really do hope each of you reach your final goal of being non-smokers...I am resetting my quit meter in a few minutes because I can't truthfully say i have been smoke free and wasn't nicotine free before that due to the lozenges..i will find a place and route that works best for me and I will find where i want to be in the end because that is what and when it all matters, the last second of our lives is when we will have to live with and realize if what we accomplished or didn't matters..I have to decide now what i can live with and accept on that one second..stay strong and well everyone..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 140
Amount Saved: $28.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 14 Mins: 27 Seconds: 20

Reading this thread: