Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Yelp!

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll agree
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 152
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,080
Amount Saved: $1,216.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 3 Mins: 58 Seconds: 11

• Quit Meter

$52,360.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 13

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheers Dave! Well said
Hope everyone is enjoying their smoke free day

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Perhaps the best thing to do here is to agree that we are all living tobacco-free...and enjoy the aroma and flavor of the BBQ, no matter from where it originates!!!!!!!

Here's to a smoke-free week!

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 63
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,890
Amount Saved: $415.80
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 8 Mins: 3 Seconds: 51

• Quit Meter

$50,489.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 16

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you pulled through this weekend, Deb!  Gotta tell you, Astrofan, Impalamania and Bob know nothing about BBQ.  Memphis is the BBQ capital of the world.  A trip to Beale Street, or, particularly, the restaurant Rendezvous, and you will taste true BBQ!
I enjoyed my trip there this weekend to celebrate my granddaughter's first birthday.  We had a wonderful time and took the other (almost 2 years old) granddaughter with us.  Now I return to work for just a few more days and then off again for our cruise!
Glad you're hanging on strong, Deb.  You CAN do this.  Go into your son's room and rummage through the books until you find The Little Engine that Could and proudly display it somewhere in your home.  Read it when the urges hit! Hugs.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 152
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,080
Amount Saved: $1,216.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 3 Mins: 6 Seconds: 49

• Quit Meter

$52,360.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 13

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ditto what Karren just said to you Deb!  I'm glad there are so many wonderful people here to help out all the new quitters.  You're doing fantastic and things should start getting much easier very soon.

Tinysteps, I hope you're keeping a smoking journal as you prepare for your quit.  It really helps to know what triggers your cravings so you can change your schedule up and prepare things that will help bust a crave when they come on.  Knowledge is power over this addiction.

Pat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 784
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 31,360
Amount Saved: $15,680.00
Life Gained:
Days: 102 Hrs: 21 Mins: 22 Seconds: 4

• Quit Meter

$121,056.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 3

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb I am sorry I wasn't here to offer any help when you were feeling a little wobbly. But reading through those terrific supportive posts I know you got the best help available without my imput.
I am so pleased that you made it through the BBQ ( just reading about it made me want to be there!) and I hope you were touched like I was that you are such an inspiration to Tiny-thats awesome.
Well done and stay positive ((hugs))

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 316
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,900
Amount Saved: $4,740.00
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 7 Mins: 40 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tiny !
Welcome to this Forum!!
It's great to be smoke free! It's a challenging but rewarding  process! If I can do it, you can do it!. Prepare yourself!
Have a plan;  surround yourself with things that will ease the process. I just want to name a few that had made a difference in my quit:
Read and post in this site
Go trough my program
The Allen Carr Book: Stop Smoking the Easy Way
Lots of ice water
healthy snacks (pretzels, carrot and celery sticks)
popsicles are great!!! (sugar free)
fruit juices (non sugar added)
hot showers
relaxing music
plenty of rest
long walks
sudoku
stress ball
And you just have to face one craving at a time!!
You have made the best decision of your life!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 57
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 855
Amount Saved: $85.50
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 13 Mins: 36 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie,

That made me laugh :)  Thank you.  Getting enough food hasn't been a problem lately!

So I made it through, and feel very happy and proud of myself this morning.  Day 13.  And Rock, you're at 213-- looks like a lucky number for both of us!  That's amazing to me.  And what you wrote about driving/navigating was really really good.  You are absolutely right and it really put things back in perspective.

Welcome tinysteps.  You are not so tiny young lady.... your words were powerful too and also helped.  Thank you!  I'm very happy you're joining us soon.  Strength in numbers.

Thank you also Impalalama.  Now I'm super curious about Carolina bbq.  Bob, you're in SC-- how do you weigh in on this bbq issue?  And thank you too, Ron.  I think you hit the nail on the head when you said, weekend jitters.  They totally caught me off guard because I wasn't prepared for them.  And now I am.   Thank you too Peteg.

So, thank all of you.  I feel more confident today because I got through last night.  The thought of a cigarette sounded good then.  I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had woken up this morning with the remnants of that horrible taste in my mouth...... and how awful I would have felt about myself. 

I hope I can give an ounce of the pounds of strength you have all given to me to someone new.  You are all such a blessing.
hugs all around
d

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 13
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 312
Amount Saved: $93.60
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 9 Mins: 17 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CVDEB,

Great time of year to start the outdoor activities!  It is still not BBQ weather, so I am jealous!

Your doing great, so push those negative thoughts aside and start planning your week-end with lots of fun and food!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tiny, welcome to the SSC!  You've made a wonderful decision to quit smoking!!!  I recommend that during the next 8 days until your quit date that in addition to cutting back, go through "my program" so you are 110% prepared for your quit.  Set up a reward system to celebrate each passed craving, each smoke free day, and each smoke free week.  Read, read, and read some more!  Are you using a NRT or will you be quitting cold turkey?  Use the search feature to read postings on specific topics.  Post as often as you need.  We will be here for you!  P.S.  Good luck and have fun at the party tonight!  Hopefully there will be a non-smoking section or room where you can hang out for a bit.  Let us know how it goes!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 213
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,520
Amount Saved: $1,704.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 19 Mins: 26 Seconds: 17

Reading this thread: