Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

I really don't know what to do!!!!

15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldn't get in to see the doctor until Tuesday so I will hang in there until then.  I have my xanax in the mean time.
It doesn't really help other then just make me numb.  But at least that is something.  I do take the B-12 shots once a week, I am due today.  It is good the hear that some of you have experienced the same thing.  I just hope it is not too severe that I need meds for it.  But at this point I just want to feel like I am part of the human race again.  Thanks to everyone, and I will stick close for the next few days.

Beckylynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,020
Amount Saved: $76.50
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 1 Mins: 54 Seconds: 24

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn,

Around 50 days is when I really started to experience the depression, and it was hard to deal with, I got alot of support from people here.  I used the vitamin Bs and used 5HTP which is a natural seratonin vitamin, it helped, but not enough for me.  I saw my doctor finally a few weeks ago and we are trying some trials of different meds right now.  I am battling more with anxiety (hence my name) than the depression anymore, but there is so much out there to help you, even if it is just temporary.  I was crying on a daily basis for awhile, it would just come out of nowhere, I would have to hide in the bathroom at work, or bring a lot of kleenex with me when I walked my breaks to dab my eyes to keep the eyeliner in check.  I think the depression is a normal process to go through, its when it worsens or doesn't go away that you should worry.

All the best to you, check in and let us know how you are doing.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 196
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,880
Amount Saved: $735.00
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 23 Mins: 43 Seconds: 6

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beckylynn,

How are you doing? Did you make your doctors appointment? I think that it is a good idea to see your doctor, because then you can put your mind at ease, regardless of whether it is something serious or not.
The members provide you with so much friendship and support, we are always here to listen and to help.
I hope you are having a good day,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Prayers and wonderful happy thought coming your way Beckylynn.   
I didn't mean to make to cry, just smile when you realize how much you really do matter here. .
Glad you are going to get checked out by your doctor.
Please keep me posted or if you ever just feel like talking, please include me in those you can count on.
Keep up the fight, I 'm still dreaming of  51 days!

Theresa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/9/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 170
Amount Saved: $34.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 5 Mins: 25 Seconds: 8

15 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi becklyn.
first of all nice to meet you.
I can identify myself with you, I had a spell like that w few weeks ago.
don't know your family situation, but I have a wonderful supportive husband who knows my moods and tries to make me see things in a more positive way when it needs to be.
I am still on champix, and will stay on it for a little while longer, because of my vacation in the very near future, and staying with heavy smokers.

when I am in a negative or a down mood, I go to the gym, spending my energy there that I have left.
in the mean time it does boost my energy, and I feel a little better after that.

I like to do creative things, so I like to start making something that will only take a couple of hours. no day long projects, because the small projects will give you a good feeling once you get them finished.
e.g. bought some beautiful beads at a walmart store nearby, and made myself a bracelet with 4 strands, I will start wearing that in a couple of days, because I have just passed my 2 months mark.

then I will make a matching necklace for my 3 months mark. it doesn't cost a lot of money, and it is going to be my reward as well.

I have send myself a few postcard that had encouraging sayings through the mail.
mail delivery here is not stable, so sometimes you get things within a day and sometimes within a week.
but when the postcard arrives it makes my day.

these are just little tricks that will cheer me up and put me in a more positive spirit.

maybe some of these little things might help you too.
you are doing great with the quit, and hang in there, they say it will get easier. (sometimes I wonder when ) but I do believe the quitters that are way ahead of me, that it will eventually.
try to enjoy this day.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 62
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,550
Amount Saved: $496.00
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 22 Mins: 11 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for that Theresa!

You made me cry!   I am going to make a doctors appointment to see if this is something that might be a long term thing.
It used to come and go but now it is staying far too long and affecting to many aspects of my life.  I think it is time to get checked out.

And by the way congratulations on your 10 days.   I knew you could do it.
I will stay strong so that I can be there for you and the others.  Just say a prayer for me.
thanks
Beckylynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,020
Amount Saved: $76.50
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 1 Mins: 26 Seconds: 47

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Theresa. You're doing great at 10 Days and I hope you post more often as I think that you've really got the idea of this whole quitting thing...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 153
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,825
Amount Saved: $1,721.25
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 11 Mins: 11 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beckylynn,

I'm only 11 days quit, so maybe I'm not the right person to be offering advice or opinions,  but a week or 2 ago you said to me  "you WILL get through this", "Hang in there and stay tough" .  Well now, I am returning these wonderful words to you.
If not for you caring enough to help me, maybe I wouldn't have made it this far. You definitely make a big difference, especially on this website and  you should know it, so thank you for you. .
SOooooooo, here is my heart felt advice to you girlfriend.  Play hookie from work or the house. Go somewhere and treat yourself to something special, a pedicure perhaps?  A new pair of earrings or sandals to go with that pedicure?  Even if it begins as a forced or mechanical act, Happiness is an inside job, and I am convinced that sometimes when things seems internally nasty, if we just MIMIC happiness, it actually comes our way.  
I'm keeping good and STRONG thoughts for you Beckylynn, can't wait to see your smiling words again.
Theresa

ps to Patrick,
I love the wallpaper analogy, it hits home, thanks.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/9/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 170
Amount Saved: $34.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 5 Mins: 15 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Beckylynn,

What's going on with you? Have you had a history of depression before this? If not then I think it may all be attributable to the cessation of smoking.
      You've got the 'blues' bad because of the complete change in your life style - your life was wound around the actions of smoking and now you are free of that and the change is becoming a bit overwhelming for you... we know that change is good for us but our 'happy' minds can be resentful  when the whole 'wallpaper' of our lives is stripped away and we haven't got a clue how to put up 'new wallpaper'...   If this is what is going on then  you're in the middle of a grieving process for a lost way of life...  What's the solution?   I'd suggest that you keep focusing on the fact that you're (now 51 days - Congratulations on that Big 50 Days) a non-smoker and that you did this by yourself after X number of years of hurting your body smoking little tubes of brown weed...
     You are steadily making new habits grow in your mind now that you don't have to go here and go there and have this with you and that with you; you're free of all that crap now and you can take little walks, get a subscription to your favourite magazine and read articles from that when you take a break from housework or your job... for instance, get up from the table directly you've finished eating and put your dishes in the sink or the dishwasher.   

You know what these new habits are ... start to praise yourself for having broken that rotten addiction and make sure you are rewarding yourself (you spent so much of your day "rewarding " yourself with cigarettes...).

If the depression persists or deepens, Beckylynn, then go to your doctor and swing on over to The Depression Center.net and introduce yourself - lots of caring people over there...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 153
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,825
Amount Saved: $1,721.25
Life Gained:
Days: 28 Hrs: 10 Mins: 58 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like a serious case of the blahs to me!! We all suffer them to some degree but we just have to tough it out to be winners in this game. List all your positives, concentrate on them, marvel at your achievements to date and keep looking at your tag line!!!

You can do this Beckylynn, IF you REALLY want to!!!

Good Luck
Penitent d1493

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/18/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1493
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 37,325
Amount Saved: �9,331.25
Life Gained:
Days: 243 Hrs: 7 Mins: 28 Seconds: 18

• Quit Meter

$56,870.00

Amount Saved