Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

The 2nd day is so much harder!

16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Danielle. The first week is called hell week for a reason. Find something that can calm you down. Nice cleansing deep breaths, a wallk or nice long hot bath. Drink plenty of water to clean your body of the awful toxins. And oc course read and post as much as you can/need. It will get better, it just takes a little time. We are all pulling for ya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,915.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take a DEEP breathe, and now another one, and then one more. I found the second day harder than the first also. The third will probably almost as tough, but i guarantee you that if you make it thru the first 3 days and stay smoke free, you will be well on your way. The hardest day after that, I found was the ninth day. Each day WILL get easier that is a promise. You will find that your thoughts and craves each day will be less and less. You will lose your resentments against those who smoke. I went thru a phase where i hated smokers cause they could smoke and i couldn't. Start up a quit meter, this has helped me tremendously. It is something that i could always look at and be proud of the $ i was saving and the smoke free days that were adding up. Come here as much a possible to rant, rave and get advice and help thru the difficult times, it really does help. I honestly wish you the best with your quit and know that we are all here to support you, take full advantage of this site and the people here to help you with your quit! Stay Strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $835.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle, Relax or let it all go! Get rid of that anger and break a dish or two! This is normal and it will pass, but you do have to be ready to combat it. Think about relaxaing techniques and stress releasing techniques. This can be anything from breathing to stretching. Count to 10 and start preparing :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The 2nd day has been soooo much worse than the first! I feel so mean, I can actually feel the anger in my finger tips and toes! It's not enough to make me go to the store and buy a smoke, but jeez! And I am glaring at other smokers! And...I swear if I could have found a cigarette in my car this evening I would have smokded it, but thankfully I couldn't...to be honest I didn't look for one. But if one magically appeared in my cup holder, I think I would have snatched it up....ohhh...I hope tomorrow isn't this hard, but I know it will be. :gasp: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: