Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Thinking about Starting again, due to spouse is.

16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to thank everyone for the posts. All you have to do is look around and see success everywhere, so you know this program, this site, these people, are doing the work, getting the job done, succeeding and staying smoke free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I totally missed this whole thread. Weird. sparkwins, I admire your commitment and you have got a great, positive attitude. Glad to see things are working out. I wonder if your wife is watching you to see if quitting is "doable". I don't know if she's tried before but I know how I always heard how hard it was, how it's impossible, and all the fears about gaining weight and turning into a crazy person. If she were watching you in that light, you have been setting an awesome example for her! You didn't force your quit on her and you are showing her it can be done. Awesome. Congrats on THREE WEEKS on the greener side of the fence. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,332.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 90 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$36,998.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 23

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a happy thread this is. Nice to hear some success stories. Thanks Sully and Sparkwins [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,536.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparkwins, Maybe what I am about to tell you will give you some hope. I quit in August and my husband was still smoking, I hated it , the way he smelled after having a smoke so I would just stay away from him until the smell died down on his body he did not say anything and either did I, knowing that if I did say anything he and I would be at each others throat. I did let him know how important my quit was for me and also for my health. A little over two weeks after I quit he started to smoke away from me only in the garage, I let him know just how much that meant to me, Just last week I noticed that he no longer smelled of cig. smoke and he has not had a cig now for 10 days. So you see some times setting a good example goes a long way I never thought my husband would quit but he has. Here's hoping the same thing happens for you. You are doing great keep it up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $435.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
That's true Lainey, I don't think I know any smoker that doesn't think they should quit. Price and Health alone is enough. Date night is a good idea kelly, we are overdue. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats great Sparkwins!, Look at the awesome example you are setting. Maybe soon she will want to quit too! That does happen, like I said I don't know one smoker who doesn't want to quit! :) You rock! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 242 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,553.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol, sparkwins! I bet she could. :) You're doing great! Maybe it's time to do something nice for yourself and your wife? Maybe a date night? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $403.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Free bird, at 40 days, you are zen and calm, and smoke free! I don't think I have been too bad to live with the past 20 days. I tried to recognize that I would be a little short fused, and tried to keep calm. It was just as hard at work as it was at home. I only took the lozenges for four days, and after I stopped the lozenges, the first two days after, I thought I was wound pretty tight. Although, my wife could view things differently. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparkwins, if I was my husband I would have divorced me during the first two weeks. I was so obnoxious. I tried to be as awful as I could be because I wanted him to say "I can't bear you like this. Start smoking again". Then I could have "blamed" him for smoking again. You see how the addicted mind works. I would also provoke big fights so I could storm off in the car and powersmoke a packet of cigs. This would have also been "his fault". Now, at 40 days, I am very zen and calm ... no truly, LOL. Acceptance is a beautiful thing. You are doing really well and I am full of admiration - I could never do it living with another smoker. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Thanks Kelly, We normally are, but for some off reason, we haven't been getting along very good for about past 20 days. Just don't know why? (lol) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

Reading this thread: