Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

feeling so embarrassed!

16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awe Pea, I'm so sorry to hear of your problems with the boyfriend and all. It is hard, I know because my hubby and I fight sometimes too and believe me, there are times where I don't see eye to eye with him vise-versa. That's life... just so happens to be mine. hehehe. I know you said that the money is tight but how do you think smoking is gonna make that better? It's not my dear, it's not. It will save you money to put towards the lights and what not. I see your meter said you are at what, 90 days... WoW! Someday, I hope to be that far along. YOU CAN DO THIS! Your child deserves a strong woman as a protector and to go 90 days, that's says alot! Now get back on the wagon and hold on because the ride is gonna get a little bumpy. Go back through the tools again and whatever you do, stay away from the ashtrays! ;) If you have too, dump water on them to make them non-burnable. YOU CAN DO THIS! Stay ! ~P~O~S~I~T~I~V~E~ ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pea First of all....the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... you do not have to return to smoking! Secondly, I think that quitting has brought many issues to the surface for many of us. (Sometimes it is unresolved medical issues such as depression) However, we also recognize areas in our lives where we are unhappy....In the past, when we felt depressed, unhappy or angry, we just smoked the problems away instead of dealing with them. I think you have two issues to address: 1) What are you going to do to make sure that you don't smoke if you are in the same situation 2) What changes do you want to make in your relationship and what is the best way to do them. By the way...when you have the answers...please message me...because I haven't figured them out yet! Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pea, Lots of amazing advice here! Get back in there and refocus, use the previous acquired knowledge to assist you. If your relationship is a big trigger, then get talking :) Communication is key to a successful quit and it can be beneficial for both of you. Smoking does have a habit of masking problems, so please check with your doctor if this persists :) You are doing this, so don't be so hard on yourself! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pea, Some depression is part of the quit but please remember that smoking masked a lot of other issues with a lot of people that quit. I can admit it now but haven't always been able to. I must admit, I suffered with the depression for over a year after quitting before I finally got help. Don't make the same mistake. It made quitting even harder. Talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. Better yet, counseling can be great for you as well. I have finally done both and my life is much better today because I did. No matter what you decide to do, just don't smoke. It definately doesn't make anything any better. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 680 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pea, I haven't posted on the board for over a year. Been trying to give up cigarettes for at least two years now. Currently experiencing in the wonders of Champix (Chantix). Let me tell you I've done that to. My dad came round a couple of months ago and left some butts and I smoked em' Incredible what the weed can do to us... Don't feel embarrassed...just feel resolved. No you're not on day one you're on day 90 something... Oh and tosser here (me) gave up a 99 day quit over a girl....don't do the same over a boy:) I'll be watching your progrees... PJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One day at a time...stop worrying about tomorrow and live for today...appreciate every minute that you haven't smoked and second you went without smoking...let that be what gets you from now untill later....When the world says "Give up," Hope whispers, "try it one more time." Author Unknown
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pea. Sorry to hear you're having a bad go of it. No you don't have to go back to smoking, why would you do that? You know it won't change any thing and it won't help anything. So get back up and get back on the wagon with us. Get out your tools, and start working back. You know it'll be a bad day or two after smoking. Take deep breaths, hang in there, read all the old posts you can to get thru this. AS for the relationship thing, everyone goes thru ups and downs, it may be that, or it may be your depression, or it may be time to move on. I cannot help with that, that one is your own personal thing. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
help! I am hoping I am not the only one. okay here goes the confession..... To begin with I have been depressed for what feels like weeks and weeks. I know it is the whole addiction thing.... I know that part is normal to some degree. I mean smoking for 20 years and then letting it go.....it's like a relationship, some part of yourself that has always been there, It takes a while to adjust on so many levels. My boyfriend went over to his friends house last night...(nothing out of the ordinary) I never want to go....(sitting around with a bunch of guys drinking beer and either watching some sport or participating in one, plus we have a little one.) But I think I felt sorry for myself last night. and honestly I haven't exactly been liking our relationship lately. We don't do anything, go anywhere..... and truth be told we are having some major money problems, so lately it has been a struggle to keep the lights on and food in the fridge, get the daycare paid for the little one, etc.) But still we don't ever talk...hang out with each other, and our sex life sucks! I think we are intimate like once or twice a month...(I am so happy this website is anonymous) Anyway I think I am some what angry with him....I feel neglected. So my girlfriend calls who I have not spoken with in a while.....I was totally happy to talk to her, and I started to make myself a drink...well we were on the phone for a couple of hours....and several drinks later....I did the unspeakable... I smoked a butt out of the ashtray from outside. (my boyfriend still smokes) I mean first of all....a butt?! gross! what am I? back in high school, or middle school again? Needless to say my head is pounding today and I physically feel horrible....and now in addition to my almost unrelenting mild depression....I feel horrible for what I did and stupid! God I feel stupid! And I'm really hoping this does not mean I start over...like I am not on day one now...am I? I don't want to go back to smoking.... I want to see all of this through....cause I know that my depression and all my other problems are not forever. okay I confessed. help :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $389.5 [B]Life Gained:[/

Reading this thread: