Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Git R' Done

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I still sometimes feel disappointingly out of breath. Expected sudden clear breathing when I stopped smoking but, reading from everyone else, it seems 'normal' for it to go on for while. Anything so long as we don't smoke. Well done on 12 days. Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �392.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey all. Haven't posted in awhile but I've been reading when I can. I'm still smoke-free. YaY! Still on the patches and tomorrow night will be 2 weeks since my last drag. My friend even gave me a box of patches she didn't use, minus one. My plan is to do the 1st step for 6 weeks because the last time I did them, I lapsed after going down to step 2 after 4 weeks. I really want this to be the last QUIT and so far so good. I have noticed in the last few days I am so tight chested, almost winded for no apparent reason... Is this normal for someone who quit smoking and if so, how long does it last?! I haven't really coughed a lung up yet but am so tight in the chest like my air is gone. Just wondering if others felt this way. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama, So far you're doing great!! Keep up the good work and stay smokefree! Love Dutch :P [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 411 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,212.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Hey all. I'm still alive and not smoking. Taking the days one day at a time and sometimes a second at a time. I'm ocasionally getting craves. I even went as far as ditching the coofee and Mt. Dew and now drink Pepsi which I never did... I can't give up all my caffine! I gave up alot as it is with the coffee and DEW and oh I forgot, the Budweiser and tequila because I like to drink once in awhile and don't now because it's a known trigger for me. I think I'll wait till I'm off the patches and not drink in excess... (I usually grab a 12-pac that last me about 3-4 days... I'll drink it every night til gone.) I just don't wanna push my luck right now ya know?! Why is the board reading last post first? I haven't been here in a few... It looks different or is it just me :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
phil u stole my line!! hehehe LOL-- --Mama what PHIL said...I live by it since the quit! 1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute, whatever it takes to get through it! and don't forget to BREATH THROUGH IT! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 406 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MaMa You can do it one day one hour one minute one second at a time...... EASY! me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1464.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
I did good today. I didn't smoke and that's the important thing! I worked in the garden today digging, transplanting, planting and weeding. I'm almost done and all I'll have to do is watch it grow and to keep me motivated not to smoke, I'll be a faithfull weeder this year and do it smoke-free! ~Y~A~Y~! I had a couple rough spots today, one this morning after I was awake and maybe a couple through the day. I just took a few deep breaths and it helped. You know, I never knew there were 4 steps to breathing! DID NOT KNOW THAT! I even cut out my coffee, I did have a couple sips today but that was like an hour after I got up. I use to drink 4 cups of coffee and smoke like a chimney in the morning. The logical thing to do is cut it out so that's what I'm working on. I think I'll clean off my desk in the morning to switch it up a bit. Hopefully Day 3 will be better!:) Happy Mother's Day To All You Moms! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's the way to go MaMa, Do the same thing tomorrow..and the next day and the next day and the next day............................and each day look at your meter (stats) and be PROUD. There will be ups and downs.... but it is worth it. Keep your attitude. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $496.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MaMa, Keep it up! We are with you every step of the way! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
Yeppers, I'm workin on the second day! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I did crave this morning for a couple moments but I DID NOT SMOKE! I did not. Not One Stinkin Puff! :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: