Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I HATE the Patch! Help me kill it!

17 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweet! I shall also emit a high pitch- "woo hoo" and "shamon!" in the style of Micheal Jackson when I rub it. The butt thing didnt actually work out for me so well...the patch didn't stay on there so well for me. Ive learned to cope with the red type rash amd irritation. Im loving this not smoking thing. I didn't think I could do it at first but now I know I can. Pretty soon Ill have to learn how to become a snobby non-smoker who gives smokers dirty looks! (just kidding) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Johnthedj, I was the one who suggested the butt!!! LOL I didn't know about rubbing the patch to relase more. Is that a new kind of patch. Hey... if Michael Jackson could rub his crotch..... you can rub you butt!!!!!! Be careful you don't rub all the nico outta your patch and not have enough to last the 24 hours. ;) Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,029 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $451.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Im good, thanks Lolo. Cool- my first buddy! Not sure how the buddy list works but I added you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Jonthedj......I just wanted to touch base to see how your doing......Hey we can do it......add me to your buddy LIST~~~~~ [u]April 24, 2007[/u] [color=Green]YES![/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jon, I quit using the patch. After the recommended number of weeks on the 21mg patch, I didn't feel ready to step down. I stayed at that level for a further 2 weeks. I then felt ready. When I stepped down, I felt no difference. Perhaps we should do what our body tells us (as long as this is within the confines of qualified medical advice). Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 443 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
After seeing peopale say the stopped the patch cold turkey I didnt think it was a big deal that I ran out this morning. I was so WRONG. I was standing outside at 850am waiting for Brooks Pahrm. to open at 9am. I felt like an alcoholic waiting for a liquor store to open. I think this problem is stronger than Ir ealized. Decided to stay on step 1 for at least 1 more week. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]LOL @ Phil ! You crack me up...oops - no pun intended ! LMAO ! LOL ! Seriously Jon do what you have to do in order to stay smoke free ! If the patch works on your butt then do it that way. Tomorrow you have ONE WHOLE WEEK of FREEDOM ! WOO HOO ! :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey! get your customers to rub your butt! They(and you) might enjoy it! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 265 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1391.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
The craving is still there for me, not chemical wise but habit wise. Ive decided to stay one step 1 for at least 1 more week. Whoever said to put it on their butt, Im doing that today and it already feels better. However it is the kind of patch they suggest you rub to release more nicotine. So this is gonna be funny, me rubbing my butt all day. Oh what people in the store I work in are gona think! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't use the patch this time but have in the past. You can count on irritation with them. I've known many people who have used them and they all got the little rash and irritation. I thought it was tolerable and have also noticed that messing with the patch can make it worse. Some have said that if you scratch or rub the patch it'll release more nicotine. Don't know if this is true but it can't be good for relieving irritation. I went cold turkey this time and can tell you the first couple of days were rough but after that it calmed down. I mean anything after that is calm in comparison. You've got to be ready mentally and if you are you will succeed in whatever method you choose. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 913 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: