Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I hope I'm Alright

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all my friends. I feel so scared right now. I hope someone has some information or experience on what happend to me. Today is 7 weeks not smoking. It was 7 Sundays ago (Jan 21) I quit. From the start I used 3 to 4 peices of nicorette gum a day. Lately I have used 2 or 3. The past few days I have had pains in my stomach. Sort of grindy feeling. I do take prevacid as I have had ulcers and and eroded esophagus. Just a few months ago I had that stomach scope done again to make sure things were ok. No ulcers..but I have permenant scaring in my esophagus. After church today I got home and had a BIG BUNCH OF ENGERY. I did yesterday too. I have been cleaning out closets..drawers...actually the whole house. SOOOOOOOOOO... I began working on my project of cleaning. I was chewing the gum. All of a sudden I got soooo sick to my stomach. After church I had a half bagel and coffee. That is it. Suddenly I had to vomit. It was just liquid ....but it was a grey color. Like a light dirty grey with a hint of green tinge to it. I feel better now...but a little shakey...and chilly. Could it be nicotine poisoning? I think that's it. NO more gum....no aids ..nothing. I only have 2 to 3 pieces of gum a day anyway. I think it is a sign I am having effects from chewing this gum all these weeks. Any suggestions? I will not blow this quit...absolutely not. I feel worried. I will be more worried if it happens again. I feel pretty good now. I don't feel like I have the flew. It came on so sudden. Like a mild headache and instant having to throw up. It is just the greyish color freaked me out. I hope I didn't gross anyone one out. I figured we have talked about the grud and stuff and you wouldn't mind. Can people get sick from the gum? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 992 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $219.03 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mercy, Yes, I think one could get sick on the gum if they were using too much of it or chewing it too quickly and not following the correct way to chew it. I use the 4 mg - about 6 per day and I make sure to chew it slowly and then 'park' it in the side of my mouth. I also have acid reflux disease and take Prevacid for that. It sounds to be like maybe your stomach filled with some bile and that's what you threw up. If you don't need the gum then stop using it and maybe use regular sugar free gum. But if it persists I'd see the dr. just to be sure it isn't anything more serious. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $522 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Please consult your doctor. It may be that the nicotine in the gum is irritating your stomach or you have developped a new ulcer. Only a doctor can make that distinction. Keep strong. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: