Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Having one of those days...

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica Sleep well, you are doing a great job of rising out out the nicotine dream, we have all been in for to long... nonic
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica I do hope that things are a bit better now, it looks as if you had a very difficult time of it...Have you been eating properly, don't forget that smoking causes the body to put glucose into the blood stream which in turn gives us energy...I have been drinking juice like crazy, particularly grape juice as it also contains antioxidants, as does red wine...Also water, water and more water...I am convinced, at least in my case, that dehydration triggers the urge...I can't give you any physiology on that, but I have knocked out many a crave with a bit of water... Please hang in there, it does get better if you can just squeak around this corner, the road is certain to open up... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $413 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Monica. 41 days is sooooooooooooo sweet. If you can, do only what you have to do and leave the rest. You and your quit are very important. (period). Sending you thoughts of peace and calmness. Please take a moment to recognize all the wonderful things you have already done. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 554 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Phil.... Just because I was feeling exhausted and on the wobbly side does NOT mean I will smoke! In fact it wasn't even crossing my mind... YUCK! I have NO intentions of blowing my quit for any reason.. Have more faith in me my friend :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $387 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Yes Nonic I heard about the glucose thing and smoking. I have been doing all the 'right things' with my quit. It's just as I've been seeing must be the time of year also contributing to my hectic, stressful, anxiety filled days -- unending days! I just hit a brick wall late yesterday and as usual I keep learning more about what Monica needs .. More help, more breaks, more rewards, no guilt, slow down, take a few deep breaths (AN IMPORTANT ONE!), say no whenever possible.. and my list continues. As I said earlier this is simply a blip. It was a big blip especially with the crave hitting but I got over some of it with extra rest today and then I watched a movie which just ended. Totally enjoyed that. This quit has taught me so many valuable things about myself. It will continue teaching me as time goes on and all that I've learned has been extremely beneficial to me. My anxiety levels have come down substantially today and as Windy said..and other's have said also.. the time of year with the darkness, the cold weather I believe is contributing to all of this. But most importantly, at least for me, is that I recognize the pattern of when I get a huge craving - it's unmasking what a cigarette has masked all along. I am learning, slowly, but surely, how to deal and cope with life and what it throws at me. And I know that it's doing exactly the same thing for all of us. It's opening a whole new way of dealing with the good, the bad and the ugly without a cigarette in one hand and masking our true feelings about so much. Tomorrow will be a better day because today I learned something new today. Time to slow down.. more time for me... more frequent mini rewards... no guilt EVER when me time is necessary... Unending lessons! I think that we non smoker's are far more wise about our lives now than we have ever been before! Let us all embrace the wisdom and celebrate the freedoms :) Thank you all for your support, your kindness and loving advice. That's why I come here. That's why I need you. And this is why I will go to bed and feel assured that tomorrow is a new day filled with new experiences and a refreshed new me :) (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]
You are absolutely right Lady when you said... [quote] H.A.L.T. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. You want to stay away from these things... [/quote] Now that I look back on the last month and what the end result was -- total exhaustion! Probably in part related to all four of the above mentioned things. I'm feeling better than yesterday so that's a plus, but I have to implement more changes to my lifestyle. Always learning!! And on that note I am fixing hubby his lunch, getting back into my bed clothes and snuggle under the duvet for a little nap :) I've decided that every afternoon when I have nothing planned, I am going to change my clothes, turn off the phone, lay down and take a rest whether I feel I need it or not. I have to allow my body some healing time during my quit and I also have to remind myself that it may not be convenient for other's, but that is just the way it's going to be until I regain some strength. I cannot get to the point of exhaustion any more. Thanks to everyone for all of your wisdom and suggestions! Every day I learn something new about me and for me and they are all positives :) Have a super weekend all ! ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 849 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
and this is exactly how I feel... [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/exhaustion.gif[/IMG] started yesterday, feeling worn out, worn down and just plain exhausted. There's a whole mixed bag to explain these feelings, but one is definitely the struggle which catches up with me every couple of weeks of no smoking! It just seems like it's a constant struggle, fighting off the cravings... and dealing with life's bomb shells! Time for bed? I think so.. Hoping this is going to pass very soon because I have so much to get done and this craving which is upon me right now is coming fast and furious :( Gotta get a GRIP! and some extra rest.... Thanks for listening. (((((((hugs))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 827 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Hey tutti.. No I haven't really been counting on feeling the craves coming this bad every couple of weeks,,just noticed the time frame. And yes, I have enlisted help - something I finally learned over the years that I cannot do it all alone and that I do in fact need help. That's one of the biggest benefits (outside of the obvious health benefits) that I've learned about myself during my quit is that MONICA matters. That is why I can now take much needed breaks and feel at ease saying "do not disturb me for a while" without the usual guilt which would follow. I just think that in the last month since my husband who is only 51 yrs old had his stroke and his bacterial infection, I was just doing too much-even though I was taking breaks and looking after me.. It just wasn't enough and 30 days later I'm feeling the effects. See the thing is with me is that I seem to be a magnate for other's (mom, my sister, my close friends etc.) as the GO TO person when they have problems because they've always said I'm a good listener and give good advice. Now that is a good thing, a good trait, however it can be very taxing and yes, it's hard for me to say that I can't listen right now. So I know where all the exhaustion is coming from, then hits the anxiety which then triggers the craves. It's all a domino effect for me. Have been through it many many times except late yesterday the exhaustion was almost painful on a physical and emotional level. I was able to lay down again this afternoon before preparing dinner and tonight I'm going to watch "Five Easy Pieces", turn off the ringer on the phone and eat some fresh baby carrots, celery with cheese whiz and for an extra treat some granola bars :) This is for me a little reward :) I really needed to get out my feelings this morning and here is the best place to do it -- I always get a sense of warmth, support and great advice so that's why I turn to some of the best people ..here at the SSC! Have a super evening all.. I'm off now to take some deep breaths, get my treats together and settle down for a few glorious hours. Tomorrow is another day and will think about it when it comes. (((((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Mil
Yes imallclear..peace, calmness and Jan - extra rest! These are all the things I need and to also go back to taking life one hour at a time instead of huge clumps of hours filled up with this, that and the other. During my decaf coffee and watching the snow come to a halt I think so much caught up with me and the blues really kicked in big time. I let it all out and at the same time a major crave decided to join the party :8o: I just couldn't deal with it so I made an announcement that if there's no fire to put out and no one has to go to the hospital then please DO NOT DISTURB until 12:30 ! Well, now I'm up, no fire, no hospitalizations required, crave has passed, crying whacked me out so I was able to sleep and it's much brighter outside :) It's so weird how we have to get to this point before we recognize that the world can survive without us during a short absence huh? Also, this toe, which I'm sure is broken will now surely MAKE me slow down... So I think I'm going to take the next few ..no several days off! A reward ? Think I need one ? Hmmmm... perhaps I do ! My rewards are one's which rarely cost money, but are oh so comforting :) I will make up a list of them right now and spread them out over the course of the next several days :p Now off to watch a rerun of Law and Order... ((((((((((hugs)))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
You are right Anna and Katie! Need some good old spring air :) Right now it's snowing like crazy outside and I smashed my foot into the footstool yesterday and my middle toe is black and blue and I can hardly walk! OMG! You know it's just all the 'stuff'. It piles up higher and higher and you do all the right things.. walking, keeping busy, having that good cry etc. etc. But sometimes, like today you just feel so zapped. Everyone it seems needs a part of you while you yourself are fighting the cravings, the withdrawals and you get to a point where you have not much left to give - AND that's where I am today. Hubby depends on me for so much throughout every single day. He's coming along but still I have to be there for him regardless. I take the necessary breaks and all but I think it's just a blip that I've run into today and it shall pass... I just needed to get it out of me by coming here and rambling on..lol.. ohhhhhh my... Well I am going to brew up some fresh coffee (decaf).. open up the drapes and watch the snow fall for a while and then head back to bed after I get hubby settled in with all his med's and breakfast. Thanks for your words... ((((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: