Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,657 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE

very gross!

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been quit 17 months and I still have the terrible gas. Will it ever stop!!!!! Its really starting to be a quality of life issue. Anyone else have this problem for this long? HELP
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
okay I am sorry to be go gross, I need some feedback. As you are can see I am 2 weeks into my quit. I am currently taking chantix. Now I have been constipated my entire life. I started to make some changes to alleviate that about about 6 months ago, but not to a satisfactory level. My first week on chantix gave my loose stools but I didn't care I was thrilled I was going 2 to 3 x a day. The past 7 days I am back to being constipated and having gas....bad. My stomach is so distended I look 5 months pregnant. I drink a glass of water and I am full. Needless to say I am totally uncomfortable! I started a all natural 2 week detox colon cleansing kit Sunday night. You take a lot of fiber and drink a lot of water......and all natural mild laxatives......I am still not going. So I am wondering if anyone had this experience with the quit.....or chantix???? I plan on calling the doctor today, but I can't stay on chantix for another round (I have a week 1/2 left in bottle) if this is what is does to me. I know support will respond....so can smoking mask G.I problems? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been experiencing the tooties as well. GOOD TIMES! One of the numerous times I quit before & this was happening, I was told by a naturapathic Dr. that when our bodies get really stressed out, our whole systems integrity gets shot. He told me that our digestive systems are the reflection of our bodies stress level. Also smoking drastically affects the cleansing systems in our bodies. So, he gave me a cure. First he told me to take LOTS of acidophilus which is a good bacteria in our intestines that helps break down food. It didn't work all that well for me but the next thing he recommended worked like a charm. Its called Pancreatin and it's all natural, so ladies, give it a shot. You can find it at the health food store. Oh yeah, and he told me to double up on doses, its not toxic at all so its not a prob. As for being regular, fiber fiber fiber & water! Senecot is a great all natural stool softener too if you need more of a kick. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$227,160.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4956 Hours: 5

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
^^^yup very true. Check with the doc. But natural meds work wonders for me and luckily I've never experienced side effects from them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$227,160.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4956 Hours: 5

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pea I use Chantix too. Yes I have experienced constipation and the gas (pheweee and bloated from it). But...I am managing both quite well. I had constipation problems before I quit. I'm not sure if smoking mask digestive problems or not. I think there is a post on this with some information about smoking and all the side effects including constipation. My oatmeal Bar has replaced that morning cigarett. I drink plenty of fluids, I have found that these oatmeal breakfast bars are working quite well...as long as I drink water. I sometimes feel the urge in the evenings...but it's almost like my brain can't remember to give the other end the message...LOL (A GLYCERIN SUPPOSITORY IS USEFUL HERE)I've only had to use one so far. Are you drinking enough water to make fibre flush through? Sometimes a little walk or activity to get some exercise in helps... a lot! The Gas..I wasn't kidding on the post...one tablespoon of cider vinegar in two ounces of water...will relieve the gas. Vinegar is acidic and breaks those gas bubbles up pronto. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pea: I quit on Chantix and had exactly the same problem. I tend toward constipation anyway, but the Chantix made it intolerable to the point I finally went to the doctor about it. She put me on Glycolax, a powder you mix in water (I added a little orange juice for flavor). Started at 1 glass in the morning and 1 in evening and I'm telling you, it definitely got things moving and I could breathe again. Now I drink 1 every other day or so and I'm doing very well. Hope this helps. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1080 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Pea, I suffered from the same symptoms as you for about the first two or three weeks, it is very uncomfortable but it does eventually go away. I can't really suggest any meds- I eat a grapefruit a day and that is enough for me, as well as goji juice. But if it continues go see your doctor.. Constipation for really extended periods of time can damage your intestines. Great job on 14 days!! Hell week and Heck week done! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $474.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$545,184.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4204 Hours: 0

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Solution I had was multi vitamin tablets WITH IRON! I am not a med but the guy who suggested it is. It works me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 196 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1029 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I drink tons of water and take two or three prunes a day. My tummy isn#t great. Never was. The days I go to the gym ALWAYS move things along! S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �432 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Rusty. Members, Herbal supplements may provide great therapeutic benefits. However, it is known that natural alternatives are not always safe. Some supplements have been shown to interact with medications, cause allergic reactions or aggravate certain medical conditions. We advise you to consult with your doctor or pharmacist before commencing any alternative therapy. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: