Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,657 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE

Finally was able to get to class!

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try again - it really sounds like you are depressed. Please see a doctor soon - there is no shame in this. I myself am taking Zoloft and it has been soooo helpful. It eases my stress and anxiety and keeps the blues from overtaking me. Without it I don't think I would have come around to quitting yet. Heck, it helped me face up to my addiction (I was a closet smoker so I sort of felt that if no one knew, then it didn't count. Tell my lungs that!) Please talk to a doc and keep posting here - we all care! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$119,599.74

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 13

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tryagain (we should change your name to succeednow, yes?), I don't know much about such things, but I've read quite often on these boards that the kind of general weariness you describe can be a symptom of depression that was being masked by smoking. If I were you, I would definitely get checked out by your doctor; certain things are not just routine side effects and shouldn't be fooled with, in my opinion. Please let us know how you're doing, okay?? Thanks! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $555.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was so tired last week, I could not make it to art class. I forced myself to go last night. My legs felt like lead but I dragged them into the car with all my stuff. I set up my station and picked up a brush for the first time since I quit. It felt like it weighed 30 pounds. In a little while though, I got into the swing and forgot everything, including smoking. That's probably why I enjoyed the class. I usually would smoke while I painted but there was never smoking allowed in class. I wish I could report that it broke the back of my tiredness and weakness but it didn't. This morning I was so weary and weak that it was hard to get out of bed. It's hard to stand up straight! This isn't sleepyness, but just a wearyness that is lasting way too long. It's like all my energy is being used up not smoking and there is nothing left. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hey what is this all about! A side from the yucky feeling of coping without a smoke you should be feeling great! Have you talked to your doc if you are that bad? When you write I am picturing you as lethargic. I am glad you enjoyed art class...what a stress reliever. When you finally got into your painting did your weakness subside? I don't want to sound mean or anything but do you think maybe you could force yourself to snap out of it? I am feeling sad for you. We have a very energetic group of us on the Magic Ship...maybe you could benefit from joining us for a while? We thrive on keeping a positive spin to our quit and have really found humor a great release. We are a bunch of nuts for sure. Take care of yourself but try to find out what is impacting you so strongly.... pamper yourself after you check with the doc to see if something else is wrong...don't wait. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: