Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,657 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE

Last night was just terrible!

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey from Ontario. I quit last Friday too. I have found the past couple of nights hard as well, but I am hanging in. You can too!!! You should be very proud of yourself for sticking it out last night, I know that I am proud of myself. I found that looking at my "mileage" amazed me. I didn't realize that in 6 days I would have smoked 62 cigarettes!!! and that would be on a good week with no stress - like that ever happens!
  • Quit Meter

$306,666.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 16

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, you're doing great! Remember, this is hell week and you CAN get through it, one crave at a time (distract, delay, sleep, do whatever works!!). The next crave will be no harder than the one you just made it through, just ride the wave and know that it WILL pass! If you quit last Friday, then you are working on your sixth day right now (tonight at midnight your counter will switch to six days) and when you COMPLETE Friday (tomorrow) then you will have seven full days under your belt. Did that make sense?!? :)
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tryagain You know you didn't not smoke 1 cigarette yesterday, you have not smoked 164, including the 1 you did not find in the car. That tells me that you can do this...I know it isn't easy, we have all bought into the lies of this addiction, but the beauty is that if we take each crave and manage to shake it off as it comes we can untie the entire knot of lies and unravel the damage we have done...Its a bit like a time machine, now how often in life do we get a second shot at something as important as the decision to smoke or not to smoke...Hang tough my friend and if it gets to bad just sit at the conputer and read and read and read, I guarantee that the craves will go away if you can just hang on for 1 more minute... nonic
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) He might be able to make up the profit with all the gum you will buy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
it wasn't pretty, but the point is that you are the winner today. Every win strengthens you - a lot. you may be vulnerable right now - junkie thoughts whipped you around last night. Be vigilant to them today. Cut them off at the pass. Be pro-active. Don't wait for a crave - kick in you coping mechanisms early. Proud of you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Try That Store Owner is a very good friend. So glad those butts were too small to smoke. I almost caved on 3rd day and went to get a smoke from hubby but he was out! That was the last time...Don't look back...It will get better and better! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $720 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 146 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The little convenience store across the street is where I used to buy my smokes. I told the owner that I had quit, and he said he wasn't going to sell me anymore even if I ask. He'd rather not make the money and have me for a neighbor longer. That kind of made me smile a little. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It was the worst. If I had one, I would have smoked it. I actually measured two butts I found in the car (yes I searched the car) to see if there was anything smokable left. There wasn't. The gumtt didn't help, nothing helped. I finally just took a sleeping pill and went to bed. It was a pleasure waking up this morning without gasping for breath. I'm so glad I didn't find a cigarette! I quit last Friday, so is this 7 days? Or is tomorrow a full week? I tend to forget things lately. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Tryagain! Early in the quit many of us go through desperate measures to "find" a cigarette. I'm glad you didn't find any. Taking a sleeping pill and going to bed was probably the best thing for you. when those times hit don't leave the house and if you have to leave, make sure you don't taken any money with you. These days will pass. Just hang in there. Every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again. Hell week is over. On to Heck week. YOU are doing great and you are not killing yourself anymore. Time for a reward! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 580 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2030 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: