Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,543 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Day 1 and I am going to need some patches for this.

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 2 - smoke free with the patch. Whatever works, I'm willing to try. It does take the edge off the physical cravings but it won't make you quit. You MUST have the desire and determination, it is only a tool to assist you physically. I am still tempted but I am hanging in there. This site is really kewl, the people who have successfully kicked the habit are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
  • Quit Meter

$90,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6104 Hours: 2

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did wind up smoking when I went home but I got some patches and I am starting over today. So far so good. These patches are going to make it much easier for me to stop smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am on day one and I have to say that I did not realize that this was going to be so damn hard. I am going to the store on my lunch break to pick up some of those patches. Do they actually work? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too am on the patch, it's working great for me so far.. I havent tried any other things as this is my first time quitting but I am doing 500% better than I thought I would [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Any updates smoked1? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 121 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
yes they will, thanks for the update and good luck to you [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
***wondering how it went, whether you got the patch*** :)
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
smoked1, I am using patches, and yes, they help me, quite a bit. They help me with my cravings and with some of the withdrawal symptoms. Some people feel like NRT's are cheating... I say, whatever works - USE IT. The important thing is to break the cigarette habit. Breaking the "patch" habit is way, way easier, in fact, it's nothing in comparison. I know this because I've done it. I quit smoking before, four years ago, for six months. After about six weeks, I had weaned myself completely off the patch. At the six-month mark I did something incredibly stupid - thought maybe I could "social-smoke" - and started up again. This time I'm not gonna start up again, ever. So yeah, if it's turning out to be harder than you expected, buy a patch, take a walk, drink lots of water, take a nap... do whatever you need to do to banish the junkie thoughts and stay quit. You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 439 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am using the patches and they definitely help. Sure it still will suck at times, but not so much.The first time I tried I used the patch, but I tried to skip the first step and stopped much earlier then your supposed to...Guess what? Yep, I started smoking again. Then I tried cold turkey and yeah that definitely didn't go so well at all. So now I am doing the patch right and I have two weeks today. I would give it a definitely say go for it. Good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YES! THEY REALLY WORK. Do yourself a favor and get the patch. There is a lot to do and change during this challenge you dont have to make it any harder on yourself then it is already. I am on day 20 via the patch!! and have had three co- workers join me on this change of life. They are all using the patch! It's not cheating. It is what it is- a helpful hand. Now you can focus on your habits and triggers without taking anyones head off! Go Now! We are here for you! L [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: