Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

How low can you go??!!

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing much better than I am. I haven't even quit yet and I have to, I want to, but I'm still afraid to. Does that make sense? Hang in there, please. I'm taking these little steps myself and I'm going to have take the big plunge right along with you. I really want and need some ideas ahead of time to ease the cravings. I know those cravings will be there and I want to be armed and ready.
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
really thanks so much everyone. I really hope everyone understands how your words help. To Tutti, I (we all) understand all to well, how scared you are right now. Your life is about to change, even if it is for the better (so much better), we by nature are creatures of habit, even if our habit is slowly killing us, we think we need to keep our habit, and life, the same or our whole universe will be altered forever. The phrase "one day at a time" is so important. Don't think to much ahead, just that you will get through this day, Then one day soon you will log on to find your quit meter at 8 days smoke free!! Then 12, Then 14, I can't wait! Stay Strong! You will do it!! Sous [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Thanks! I have used the gum, and it does work for me, but I'm a little afraid of getting hooked on it, so I try not to use it very often. Also, for anyone else that has used the gum, what is that nasty taste, when you swallow your saliva while chewing? It makes me nervous! What am I putting in my body now? Sous [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
I want to start off by saying smoking again is NOT an option for me, but I am having a much harder time of it in the last two days, then I did in the last week. I am a waitress in a bar, yesterday I was half way to a table with a tray of drinks, when I experienced major cold sweats, heart beating a mile a minute, I had to put the tray down at an empty table and take a deep breath. I didn't feel "normal" for a full hour after. Today I Dropped a full tray of empty glasses, I forgot the simpilist things, I have been a waitress for 15 years, I don't make these kind of crazy errors! But the thing that is bothering me the most is, I feel numb. Dead, I drive to work, with no emotion, ( I really hate driving now because those were the greatest smokes,) I am really trying to stay upbeat, I swear. But its running me over lately. Like I said earlier, I will not start again, but I desperatly want to feel better, I thought after the first week it would improve a bit. not get worse. I don't want to be a big complaining loser, but I just need to know it is going to get better. Help! Sous
Really and truely all I wanted to hear was "it will get better" and you all did that for me. Today a much better day! Thanks All [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 161 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sous: Where's your quit meter? How many days quit are you? Every quitter wants each day to be better than the last and is so disappointed when they feel they're doing well, then BAM! Broadsided by nicodemon! It's very normal what you're going through. Your body is getting rid of the toxins and that's a major change (ultimately a good one, but not without some pain). I've had days out of the blue where I feel completely "numb" as you put it and brain-dead, too. I've also had days where I'm so revved up, it's scary. Are you using any NRT's or is this cold turkey? Have you informed your boss and co-workers that you're quitting? If they're smokers, they'll understand that you're not going to be yourself for awhile. I like your commitment, though. I will not smoke. Keep saying that, keep honoring your quit and know that it really and truly does improve for the most part. But don't be surprised when nicodemon pops up when you least expect it, either. This IS an addiction and breaking it is not easy. Congratulations on sticking with it. You're doing great. Keep the faith -- and your quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sous, One thing I tried to do...is to laugh a little at myself. The absentmindedness....can't remember one of my kid's names, and call them the dog and the cat name. Clumseyness...etc. Find a little humor in it and try and smile and realize that it will be short lived. There is not time limit on some of these side affects. You just have to be patient and ride the wave. I promise it truley does get better. One day, one bad moment and one great moment at a time. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sous, all these things are normal and temporary. be alert to safety issues. it's miserable being miserable and/or numb, but your emotions are protecting you and adjusting to a lifetime of emotional armor that smoking has given you. You will be OKAY. Just hunker down, take care of yourself, protect your quit. The important thing right now is to just make it through each day w/o putting nicotine into your system. You are doing great and things will get better. One step at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sous, these things ar equite normal n the early stages of a quit, and i think we all experienced them, the important thing to know is that things do get easier you can do this keep up the good work lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 22

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sous, with the gum, the nasty taste is that of the nicodemon, that is what you have been putting in your body all these years now kick him out keep up the good work, by the way, there is no shame in using NRT, i was just trying to explain how nasty the nicodemon really is hugs lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 22

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: