Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Interesting Observation from Interesting :-)

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting, that would be something, exactly, that I would do. I'm a notorious counter. I count the tiems in my hand bag 11 times a day and there has to be 11 items. LOL. It's OCD, but thankfully it doesn't extend to housekeeping ;) If you do this, I'll be watching. I think it would be exhausting unless you ticked it off on papaer. I couldn't remember otherwise ;). I'll be looking for your update and you're doing GREAT. Way to go! Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is so awesome! I seem to have the lil buggers in certain times of the day. But today the morning one wasnt there. Oh hey Freedom.... I have OCD and it does flow into housekeeping.. thats the place it hits the most, my kids call me monk at times...lol you are doing great interesting! I am very proud of the new you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone, Yesterday was a more stressful day for me. I was a little wired all day, and couldn't get focused. I was visiting with a friend for about 30 minutes. During that time, I bet the little icon or thumbnail of an image of a cig floated through my brain at least 10 times. The thought was... I'll have a cig after this. Then I chased down and tackled the thought with... I no longer smoke. Just for fun, I'm going to really observe and keep track of how many times that happens to me today--the cig icon floating in my head -- and make a game out of it. If I play with it, maybe it won't tick me off! In fact, I'm thinking of taking paper with me, and counting how many times and when it happens. I think I can better deal with it. I've learned from all of you, that the process isn't about denying ourselves the awful nic, it's about replacing it with good things that are good for us. I'm finally "getting" it more and more about how "not smoking" changes us. I am usually pretty observant, but never realized how much of a coping mechanism it is. I'm understanding better what Luna and Healer talk about when they say becoming a non-smoker is a changing of oneself. I'm ready to sit back and learn more and more about myself a day at a time. Thanks everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hey Faith! Since those cig icons are going to keep harrassing me, I just as well make a game out of it! ha! Yes... about my name. I've had people tell me I'm "interesting". It makes me laugh because I wonder if that's just a nice way of saying I'm a little "odd?" hahaha! Sometimes I have so many thoughts in my head, they fight with each other for the attention. It's pathetic! :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Hey Freedom... yes, I think it's the OCD thing! elevens? Mine's thirteens. lol (not really) And Kaiti... renegade cig icons is so right. I've decided to start exploding the little buggers when they appear. I might be running around with my head looking like a fireball all day though for all the explosions! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ha! Interesting, you crack me up! You continue to come up with "interesting" (hence the name, I imagine) new ways to look at your quit and the addiction. By viewing it in such different ways, I think you're really helping yourself stay motivated and busy. I can't wait to read your report on the nasty little cigarette icons. Count 'em, time 'em, and let us know. Good luck. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"Interesting": I've decided the quotation marks are important given how you've described it. "So", they say, "you're a very 'interesting' person". Hey, I've been called worse and I'm sure you can say the same thing. It's NOT pathetic, it's what makes you "interesting" and "unique". ha ha ha Actually, I like your approach of making a game of this, of distancing yourself and looking at it all as something "interesting". I've tried to look at a craving in a somewhat clinical way. In that way, it's not nearly as personal and can't hurt me. I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but it does to me, so I guess that's what's important. I so admire your positive attitude. And look at you -- almost through hell week! Keep the faith. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your so on your way...you have a wonderful attitude and your doing fantastic. I would love to hear how your talley comes out today. That would be very interesting, and I think that's a unique idea. It might be fun to watch the cravings decrease as the days go by. Keep up the great quit. And keep us posted on the renegade cig icons floating about. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting, What a great observation and wonderful insight. Congrats on 5 days, and keep up the good work :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: