Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Week Two - Emotions?

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone, What are some things that you have always wanted to do and never have. A hobby...a talent...a skill. It can be something that has always interested you, but you never had time to do... Even taking a an interesting class at college...or photography for fun, or writing. Anything that has always sat at the back of your mind, but you were always to busy to persue. Is there anything like that? Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,422 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Intense emotions are normal when you are stripping away years of emotional armor. Speaking of which, it is normal to want to aleviate that unease with your emotional armor by smoking. It's perpetuating. I know that for me facing life encounters w/o a cigarette forces me to make changes. But, before the changes, I have to get a handle on the issue. It's not always negative. Like, when I feel really great and want a cigarette. First I felt the loud breaks and wallowed. After a while I had to say - OK, what now? Before I got to the what now (and I'm not there with all my issues), I experienced the negatives. It's a transition. It will pass - UNLESS you smoke - then it's back to "GO" for you. P.S. (I know you don't want to hear it - but I still feel a quiet little yea for your 10 days. B/c it is a big deal.) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 64 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Baths feel like a hassle to me. read some of the old posts and you'll find some dialogue around the gender issues on this site. The way I see it, support is support and it's all good. Just a quick comment re: your comment re: you being the strong one and people not knowing that you quit smoking. I suspect that they know something. Especiallly if you are as people connected as you say. Perhaps, just perhaps, something will come out of this having something to do with depth, humility, humanity, interdependencies and others getting just as much out of being strong for you as they would get from you being strong for them and vice versa. just an idea that came to me as I read your post. Hang tough today, you are in our thoughts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just one quick note... You said in one of your posts how busy you are all of the time..you are the 'go to' person, and no time for yourself to relax. Been there, done that and oh boy did I suffer the consequences of not MAKING the time for me. Finding things which brought me some sort of pleasure every single day. I know each day it sometime's feels like there's just not enough time, but you have to find it, set up a plan for a period of time and enjoy it to the fullest! And yes, the members here do give us all the best medicine..LAUGHTER! (((((((((hugs)))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ps now you know what it feels like to be a woman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $311.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$545,148.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4203 Hours: 19

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, it is a rather hilarious mental image. I am actually laughing out loud at work. But there are ways for men to relax too!! you need to reward yourself for 10 days (no fanfare, I swear). Do something nice for yourself- buy a new CD or DVD, or spend a night out with the guys- though for many alcohol is a trigger. You could get a massage- It is NOT THAT feminine, lol. Come on 2tone- you are quitting smoking, anything is possible; even getting in touch with your feminine side!! Hang on- don't hold in ALL the emotions, you'll implode then EVERYONE will know whats up... lol ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $311.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$545,148.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4203 Hours: 19

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was trying to think what my hubby's rewards would be...I'd ask him but he's sleeping. He loves gadgets so I think he'd upgrade his cell phone, buy stuff for his truck, have a nap (oh right...he's already doing that), and he'd treat himself to a big prime rib dinner at the end of every week. (Hmmmm....wonder what other manly rewards there are out there?) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i 2tone The moodiness comes and goes one thing to bear in mind is not to blame everything on not smoking...You had bad days before right??? Cheers Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �782.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone, It's all about frame of mind and life changes. When we quit, we expect things to go back to normal right away, but how can they? Something that was a daily part of our lives for the better part of our lives is now gone. Of course you're going to feel "up-down!" You feel this way because on the one hand, you're "up" because you know that you're doing something awesome for your health, your wallet, your family and for yourself. You're bettering your life! But you're "down" because something that was a huge part of your life for so long is now gone and you're grieving - and it sounds like you may have difficulty grieving anyway, so you're mad at yourself for grieving over cigarettes, which causes more emotion. My advice is to accept it. Accept the changes. Accept the fact that cigarettes are gone and that you need to grieve over them. It might sound silly, but the fact is that you have said goodbye to something that has been in your life for many years - it's OK to feel "down" about this for a while. And the sooner you accept this, the sooner you will get over this up-down-up-down feeling. [quote] The attitude and lifestyle changes are the hardest part. [/quote] You're EXACTLY right about that!!! There's nothing harder about quitting than changing your lifestyle. So change up your routine a bit to "trick" your brain into forming new habits. And with the attitude, only you can change your attitude. It's not easy and will take a lot of work, but you must conciously decide how you are going to feel and if you're down, then "pretend" to be up for a while until you really are. THere's a saying "act happy to become happy." It's not easy at first and really feels strange and it feels like you're being a phony, but the truth is that after a while, it becomes real and you really DO start to feel happy, simply from acting that way. Try it and see if it works for you. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 433 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1788.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: