Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

When do I get to sleep again?

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't try so hard, body is healing and making changes on it's own. Also may occur - You're breathing better, so many be sleeping sounder, thus needing less sleep. Hang in, things will correct themselves, I know it's hard to relax sometimes when your body is going a little haywire...... CobenFan Where's that easy button????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 284 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,692 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $994 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Interesting Sleeplessness was a real feature of my early quit and I think it lasted for about 10 days or so. Just go with it and get outta bed at 3 a.m. if you need to - I read books and wrote in my journal. All the best to you. Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �217.89 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
interesting, When you first quit or cut down, you may find it difficult to sleep as long as you used to. Two things can cause this are: * As a smoker your sleep may have been interrupted by constant coughing and/or difficulty breathing. When you stop smoking, your body gets healthier and the sleep you get is more restful. So if you wake up suddenly at 5:00 a.m., you may think you are a victim of insomnia. You're probably not! Your body has probably had all the sleep it needs. * Smoking drains your body's energy. When you quit smoking you regain this energy. You may need fewer hours of sleep. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Try making sure you have a regular sleeping schedule. If you wake up in the middle of the night do some light stretches, or read a book to help you get to sleep. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult a doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: