Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Tempted today..coping with loved one in hospital

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So sorry to hear your husband is in the hospital..but that is the best place for him, don't think about the stress making you jones for a cig....think about the fact that by not smoking, your chances are diminished that you will have to go through what your husband is currenlty going through. My thoughts are with you during this trying time for your family. Hang in there and remember NOPE!! Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello dear Maggie, I know all too well about the stressors involved re hospitals, surgeries etc., especially with a loved one. Keep strong for yourself so that you can take care of hubby when he returns home -- But also remember to take valuable time outs just for you too. Be sure to set aside a block of time which is for you and if need be have someone come in and sit with hubby for a while to keep him company while you do for you. Wishing your hubby a speedy recovery.. my thoughts are with you both. (((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi maggie, sorry to hear that you husband is in the hospital, but glad that he's doing well You have done amazingly well to stay so strong keep up the good work we are here for you! lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 301 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 14

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hubby had open heart surgery on Friday. New aortic valve installed. He's doing so well, but I'm coming home and jonesin' for a smoke. It's a total hoot that in the last five weeks since my quit, I haven't been exposed heavily to smoke until we went to the hospital on Friday. There's supposed to be no smoking anywhere on the property ..Ha!..They're outside the front door, you have to walk the gauntlet.. Anyways,dealing with my man in pain, 3rd world conditions in our hospitals, but feeling strong. Is it ok to be addicted to dentyne gum and sunflower seeds? When will that end? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MY gosh,Maggie- Please don't get addicted to Dyntine Gum and sunflower seeds.The seeds get stuck in the gum and it tastres gross. If you must get addicted...do one or the other! So glad that Hubby is doing better. You will both do better when he is home! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 945 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie: Be sure to reward yourself for those 40 smoke-free days. Even if it's just to sneak home for a very well-deserved nap! Our thoughts are with you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,323 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Maggie, my heart goes out to you! Bless you for staying so strong throughout it all! Aren't hospitols the worst? Smokers all about, staph running rampant and the stress and strain of NOT being the patient!!! It is exhausting. Hope your husband is on the mend and gets home quickly. He will need his SMOKE-FREE woman to take good care of him for awhile and to lead the quiet example..... Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Keep up the good work! Please post and let us know how he is doing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi maggie - Don't worry about when it will end... Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and NO SMOKING... Just take care of your hubby AND take care of YOU... We're all here - let us know how you're both doing! Blessings and sending Light! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1176.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maggie, hang in there and remember that lighting up will NOT help you or your husband in any way, shape or form. It will just put you back to dealing with the withdrawal symptoms all over again. Glad to hear your husband's surgery went well and major kudos to you for being smoke-free through it all. And yes, it's okay to be addicted to gum, but I'm more of an Orbit White girl myself. *G* It DOES end. The craves DO become less frequent and less intense. It does get better. Really. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 390 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1326 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
maggie, I know, hospitals aren't the happiest places. It is amazing how many nurses I see outside smoking! Smoking is sooooo bad for your heart and your soul. Keep that wonderful quit going. The craves are just a sign of recovery and of the seriousness of nicotine addiction. NOPE..you are doing great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$90,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: