Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Bottom line? DEPRESSION

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this jan ! i felt the same with the depression , and still do a little . it will take time but it is well worth it dont give up quitting !
  • Quit Meter

$272,538.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6771 Hours: 5

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning and hoping today is better for you. I quit last May and had depression for quite awhile. My youngest daughter (age 25)kept saying, Mom if it was so easy everyone would quit. I felt like I lost my best friend. Thank goodness my family did not walk away. I spent time crying and nothing looked good. However, it finally lifted after a few months. Now my friends say I'm back. However, it is still an every day choice to smoke or not. I know that if I have one I will have twenty. Then I try to think about what I went through for a few months and the cigs are not worth how I felt. Good luck and hang tough. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 162 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, we had several "fend for yourself" dinners at my house too. Also have the young adult students living at home, husband, 1 puppy and 2 cats. There were days that I all wanted to do was sleep.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Even now, 30 days later I still get those totally veg moments like someone has unplugged me. I don't fight these feelings (no energy to) and accept them for what they are and they come to pass. Keep Strong yet rest as much as you need to (without feeling guilty Mom). HUGS for you [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $248 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you very much your support, although I have had a terrible weekend, thinking some financial problems, and having the worst cravings for cig, I am feeling much better now. (I did`t make even a puff) Sorry I did`t replied sooner, but I use the internet from my office (I do not have a computer at home), so I got all you posts early this morning.In two days i will be one month smoke free and im very proud of ME!!!!! Have a nice week and be strong!!!!!! Tsikos from Greece [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �156.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan - I remember depressed, angry, cranky, totally wiped out and exhausted. I believe that these are all phases that we go through as we grieve the loss of something that has been so ingrained in our lives. Having dealt with depression in the past, I also know that there are times when it is important to consult with the doctor regarding medication (if only for awhile). Medication won't kill you - cigarettes will. You are such a great member of SCC, please take very good care of yourself. (I vote for ordering out, soup & sandwiches and a complete ban on housework for at least 1 - 2 weeks and periodically for several months after that) Sending lots of {{hugs}} your way. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 779 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jan...just thought I would check in too...sounds like you had a busy weekend (darts and was it football??) Anyway...let us know how you're doing...we're all looking forward to a big celebration tomorrow...Hell week is over! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had quit for 3 1/2 weeks not that long ago.(Same time as Windy). I lost my quit and now I'm back at it. I try to stay very upbeat and offer support where I can, but right now, that horrible cloud of depression is looming directly overhead. All I want to do is lay on couch and do nothing. ABSOLUTELY nothing. Last night I didn't make supper(we ordered out as I do all the cooking). I cook every night for my family and when I don't do it, no one does! I will get through this, but how many of you feel or have felt the depression hard? I want to come here and say I'm sailing right along, but I'm not. This is a horrid feeling, and I don't want to give in. I really need you guys right now. Jan QUICK NOTE - I went out this morning and stocked up on the soup that was on sale. If I can't cook they're all getting soup and a sandwich and they can make it themselves!!!! Thanks for letting me vent. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 74 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
God bless you guys! Your support really helps. Thanks Windy and Moqueen. I know this is just part of the quit. And I really am going to make the effort to be more selfish. And I really want this to be the last quit because it seems not too long ago I went through this. Why would I put myself through this again? Oh well, at least I know what to do. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Thanks Deli, take aways sound like a wonderful idea. I can do that no problem!!!! I know this will get better, and so, have decided to pamper myself. God bless, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Thanks so much you guys. Its really nice to know I'm not alone. I will take care of me. I spend a lot of time taking care of everyone else(and I don't have small children either, early twenties, both at home, and hubby, and my two beautiful beagles Holly and Casey). Well now ts my turn and I can do this!!!! You've really made me feel better. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: