Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,698 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH

Is it weird that my first week wasn't really that hard?

17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This makes me kind of nervous because the times that i've quit before were truly hell. Crying, getting upset, over-reacting, etc. But this time it was actually very easy. Not to say I didn't have craving but they were all manageable. This scares me. What if the first week is not the week it's going to be hell for me? What if it's suppose to be some other week. That would be a cruel joke. It could be that this time I was most determined of all times I quit..or it could be that i'm already use to quitting so I knew what to expect? Don't know but I hope it doesn't hit me out of left field.
17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support. I'm still here and going strong. eating better and yesterday I joined the gym. been having a very hard time staying asleep and the nightmares are still there. But i'll take all that over severe cravings any day. Sorry I haven't been online much in the last 3 days or so but i've been really busy at home and trying to get some things done before the harvest. I will have some free time later this evening and hopsefully I can catch up with everyone elses progress. Thanks Hi windy and crush :)
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hope Just glad to hear that you are doing so well and looking forward to chatting with you when things are less busy! You are doing wonderful - looks good on you! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokeless - So glad this week has gone well for you. Obviously you are much stronger and have many more skills than you thought you had. You are doing great - I'm so proud of you! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your first week wasn't as rough as you thought. How great is that? Don't look too far ahead. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. Keep positive, Hope. You're really doin' this, and it's got to feel great!!! Be proud of yourself. Keep strong and keep posting. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HoplessSmokless, enjoy the moment and be ever so thankful. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Just to remind you quitters, dramatic is ok, whining is ok, pity pot is ok, easier than most is ok, crying is ok, being depressed is ok and smiling is ok also., just as long as you don't smoke, things do get better and while going through this journey, you will learn, you will gain wisdom, you will boost your self esteem, and you will be oh so proud of your progress. One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
MissyFit nice post shows both sides of the journey, thank you :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go back up two posts and re-read Free's ME quote. It says it all. Marie should be along shortly to remind you to take it one day at a time. Very true, very true, very true..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 842 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/tomorrow.jpg[/IMG] Be happy your first week was easier than you thought it would be. There are just as many people that find their quits to be easy as there are who think their quit are super difficult. We are all different and so are our quits. So if your first week has been easy, be thankful. Don't worry. Just be prepared. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,526.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 19

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: