Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

I'm cranky and mean tonight!

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yippeee! I get to be part of the cranky club!! Jan - maybe they should have a room like this for our poor hubbies that have to put up with us! My cat is getting more attention than he ever has (since I'm going to bed MUCH earlier he is getting lots and lots of snuggles and will be permanently spoiled) He's helping share my chair while I type this message. Not quite so cranky today and heading downtown to see my nephew drumming and my friend's daughter dancing! Take care! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Thanks Gonna! If I have any hideous thoughts, I know I can come to you!! Nice to know I'm not the only cranky one around. I'm heading off to bed so I can wake up with a BIG smile on my face! I always love to hear from you! Have a good weekend! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Well...I've made it from Monday to Friday so this will be my first weekend smoke free. Somedays have been awful and some have been okay. By the end of today, I did NOT want to talk to ANYONE! My partner wanted to call my good friend's hubby and, at first, I said that they wouldn't be home (because I didn't feel like talking anyone). I had to call another friend because her Dad is in I.C.U. and I have been worried about her....then my PAGER WENT OFF!! I thought I CANNOT deal with anyone in crisis right now. I decided I would return the call and do my best to refrain from smoking. Fortunately, it wasn't a big problem...but sometimes I don't have alot left to deal with anyone else's problems by the end of the day. I figured that I was going to have to learn how to deal with stress without cigarettes...but for this first week, the quit seems to be stress enough. Any other cranky people out there? Any suggestions? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, May join the "cranky crew"? Don't get me wrong, I do have moments when I'm actually niceLOL. However they are few and far between. Now I know why hubbies make wonderful sounding boards. Mine has had to deal with me all week. I think we've already had a couple arguments this week.(we normally don't argue that often). And even the kids aren't getting off lightly. I think they run when they see me coming. The only ones I've been really nice to are my beagles. Now I can snug them without smelling like smoke. So now the weekend is here and let's stay strong and KTQ! Cheers, Jan. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree Windy, these poor fellows deserve something. I'm feeling better now than I was this morning. In fact, I might go out shopping. Trying to talk hubby into going out for supper. I feel like Chinese. If not that, maybe the show. I can't remember the last time I went to the show. Keep strong Windy. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Windy! Welcome to the "Quite Often, Quite Cranky Club!" ;) Don't hesitate to rave, vent, commiserate and pout all you want here. We don't care -- we understand! Hope you are having a great Saturday! Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,808 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$43,128.72

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 754 Hours: 2

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy Hi this too shall pass. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope the morning has been pleasant for you thus far, Windy! It's a brand new day! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not really cranky tonight, but usually I am cranky, so I can relate! Unfortuantely, my poor husband gets the brunt of it all. Not cause I'm mad at him particularly, but he's convenient! If I know I simply cannot hold my tongue, I disappear for awhile. I'm scared to death that some of that hatefulness will roll out of my mouth and...words DO hurt. I've also been known to log on here and tell my anonymous quit buddies all the henious atrocities I wish to inflict on any given family member :eg: I hope you feel more yourself by morning. Sometimes weekends are slow around here..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the beginning of our quits, it is necessary to be selfish and take care of ourselves at times. This is beneficial to people around us as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $508 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$54,516.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 14

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: