Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Butts...

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey gang We are getting serious again here. These stories scare me (thoughts of stealing cigarettes and smoking butts)We call them dog ends in the UK which might help put you off!! Well confessed Sparky Keep up the fight! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 682 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonnadoit, stay away from the butts.....how are you doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,362 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
:8o:Kick the dog ends to the curb LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $364 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
I never thought you would light one, I thought it would make you think of smoking...LOL You're so funny keep up the good fight, are you really feeling better . :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't let the Humane Society know that your kicking dog ends to the curb! :)
Open mouth, insert foot. Sorry, Sparky :blush:. That was not meant in a bad light...while I never considered smoking a butt, my addiction has brought me closer to horrid acts of violence than I would like to think!!! I could see myself robbing someone of their Newports or Marlboro's in a pinch! How silly we are!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Do not worry, sweet Marie, even in my most lowest moments I have never lit a butt. They smell horrid! Now, I HAVE lit up a butt or two on my kids! :) Well deserved, I might add! I am guilty of throwing my butts out of the car window. Therefore, I feel the need to pick up even a smidgen of the ones I have littered on the ground over the last 34 years. NOPE---no chance of me smoking one of those! There is this homeless guy that walks around downtown and collects the butts out of the ashtrays. How sad. There are so many diseases these days, I'd be scared to death of hepatitus, flu, etc..
Perhaps it is just me...but I have noticed that my yard is full of butts. My office parking lot is filled with butts. The store parking lots are filled with butts. My gym is filled with butts (big ones too! ;p Including mine!) I picked up some of those butts today after noticing them, because I felt guilty. We have done this, folks...and this is what we are leaving our children...how sad! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks you guys. You got morning off to wonderful start. Phil you made laugh so hard. I will never look at a butt again with out thinking of a dog's ends. LOL. gonnadoit, good morning!!! Here we go another day of being smoke free. WOW!!! Thanks for being here for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are tons of butts out there. Sorry to say I have been no better than that homeless guy. When I use to really crave and didn't want to buy or ask someone for fear they would find out I smoked, I would pick up a good size butt and smoke it. My thinking was if I don't buy a pack I am safe, right. I was fearful of diseases, but the crave was stronger. So please be careful. I have never ever admitted that to anyone and now I am posting it online to people I don't even know, but trust. Looks like we have made it though another day :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: