Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Change of heart!!!!!!!!!

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thought this might interest some of you who are in the early stages of quitting..... I quit in early August and I have consistently said that if I needed a smoke on holiday in Spain which starts Sept 16th for 3 weeks(I know I only get one break a year!!)that I would not spoil my break for the lack of a smoke Well I am at day 30 and a week to go before the break and guess what? If I had a smoke it would spoil my holiday! Strange think the human brain! Think on............. Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, Good for you. I understand that. You don't have to smoke to have a good time in fact, I think it would just slow me down. I was thinking about that yesterday. Was having a gogogo day. And everything was going bad. If I had to stop it all and smoked I would have lost it. Valuable time and energy. I loved that I thought that way. Only after 30 days. Good for you Phil. N.O.P.E Keep the the quit and enjoy your holiday. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/thstars.gif[/IMG] You are so strong in your quit its wonderful to see and yes it would indeed spoil your holiday. Smoking is bad for you :p PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, good for you, smoke around you is dissipating, I hope you have a wonderful holliday, don't forget to bring your tools with you :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, It's funny how your thoughts change when the smoke clears isn't it? Thanks for sharing. Don't forget to bring your coping mechanisms to Spain and to keep up with your rewards while you're away. Have a great holiday, we can't wait to hear all about it! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: