Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

2 weeks later...depression

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for all your wonderful feedback, everyone. I've decided to put my patch on tonight before I go to bed, so I will wake up smoke free in the morning. I can do this...one day at a time.
I hear you Shaila. It is very hard to muster up the strength to think positively sometimes. It is a fight, but one well worth battling. I fight with this all the time. Especially when it comes to smoking. I tried to give it a good go this week, but have found the stress of this very busy week overwhelming. I have therefore decided to put my patch on Mon. Sept. 11. I will take this time to prepare for my quit. Does anyone have any "prepare to quit" ideas that might help? I want this more than anything, and I find that this site really does offer a lot of motivation, and at the same time I see numerous people going through the same thoughts and emotions that I am. It really is nice not to be alone during this. I also look forward to the posts that tells where everyone is from. Its great to see so many different place. I'm from Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Have a good one everyone.
I quit on Aug. 14, and now, this afternoon, I did nothing but lie on the couch and mope. This doesn't happen every day but it does happen to me, I hope this goes away soon. Anyone else dealing with this?
I'm still here but I've had a slip(again). I start back to work on Tuesday(I work in a school). My husband will be working late most nights this week, we are going to be having a houseful of weekend guests next week for my daughter's 25th birthday, we have a company picnic next Sunday and I'm just starting into the PMS cycle. I'm considering reapplying my patch a week tomorrow to cope with the busy week ahead. Am I just stalling or are these excuses for more time to smoke? I'd really love some feedback on this one.
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As someone whom has dealt with depression for the better part of my life I can relate to anyone who has gone or is still going through the evils of this sickness. This is why many people find other ways of coping with this problem. some use drugs; non-legal or prescribed by a doctor. Others use alcohol or smoking. many use all the above. Depression can be caused by just about anything. Depression is caused by a chemical disbalance in our brains. Meds help you get back on your feet. They are not a cure everything, nothing is. But I can assure you that smoking will never ever help us,that guick fix will only add to a longer recovery. MY soul support is reaching out to my higher power, the strengh that comes from within.... God Bless [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$103,346.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8153 Hours: 16

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan58, Just wanting to send you my love. I hope you're feeling better now. I think that our bodies are coping with so much change, that it's only normal that we feel weird. Depression, paranoia, madness - I've been feeling the whole lot recently. But, I do get windows of normality, allowing me to remember that this quitting feeling is temporary and that I'll be back to normal soon. Take care of yourself xx
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes - actually - I have been experiencing depression too. I'm in my third week of my quit. I find it hard to drag myself out of bed in the morning. Usually, after I'm up and going, I do better, but I do feel depressed. And the weird thing is, I'm taking Wellbutrin to help me quit, and it's supposed to be an anit-depressant! Go figure. So hang in there - you're not alone!
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan I quit on 9/8 a few days before you. All I can say is that the ups and downs have been incredible. Keep yourself busy. When you feel lousy get up and do SOMETHING ANYTHING!! My car is spotless,the lawns are perfect,the garage is tidier than its ever been.My wife is wondering who this perfectionist is(40 years married on Sunday and she has only lived a few weeks with a non smoker!) Thinking of getting a pushbike!!! ITS WORTH IT SO KEEP GOING AND KEEP BUSY!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �97.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know its easy to say but I have had moments where it has been so painful for me to muster up the strength to think positively ~ I often feel like I am fighting a sinking ship like i will drown... please smile it will help you be aware of your feelings and the more you smile the easier things will get!!! xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 406 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm having problems with sadness and depression, but it's not because I quit smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: