Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

On day 2 and REALLY craving a cig. Help!

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity2, You've gotten lots of great advice. Changing your morning routine will help. Think of something you could add to your routine that you love more than smoking, and replace that cigarette with it. Your favorite magazine perhaps? Learning to deal with emotions is hard if you smoked out of stress, keep trying to find an outlet for them. Why don't you let your daughter join a sports team or a dance class? It will keep her active and boost her self-esteem. Keep strong, Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hI THERE mEG HANG IN THERE GIRL! IT DOES GET A LOT BETTER i PROMISE! SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU HAVE A VERY PLEASUREABLE ASSOCIATION GOING WITH YOUR MORNING ROUTINE...HOW BOUT CHANGING IT? - SAME DEAL AS BEFORE EXCEPT TAKE OUT A BOOK, READ A FEW PAGES....OR A NOTEPAD AND WRITE DOWN A LIST OF STUFF YOU'D LIKE TO ACHEIVE FOR THE DAY....OR START A JOURNEL....WRITE A FEW LINES ABOUT HOW THIS JOURNEY YOU'RE ON IS GOING. uSE THAT TIME IN THE MORNING TO DO SOMETHING ELSE, START A NEW RITUAL! sTOPPING SMOKING i'VE DISCOVERED IS ALL ABOUT CHANGING ASSOCIATIONS. oNCE YOU DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY A FEW TIMES YOU FIND U CAN DO THINGS YOU'RE USED TO DOING WTIHOUT THE CIGS...AND U DO FEEL 1 MILLION TIMES BETTER...EVENTUALLY! INSTEAD OF MOPING AROUND MISSING SMOKING CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE TO i REALLY CAN DO THIS. eVERYTHING STARTS WITH A THOUGHT, A THOUGHT LEADS TO A BELIEF. YOU CAN DO THIS - BELIEVE IT AND YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on making it through Day One. You are stopping at a great time because there are some great posts right now that will really help. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=32002&forum=10]Read this![/url] This is Rusty's wisdom at its best about Day Two. If you haven't already, read her advice about [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx? topic=31985&forum=10]Day 1.[/url] This decision you are making it so very worth it. Hang in there through withdrawal - it is tuff, but so very doable. Best wishes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 493 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1725.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$795,147.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5685 Hours: 16

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: