Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Good/Strange Way to Cope

17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I followed your lead. I went home after work and cleaned! Granted, I only did the kitchen and living room, It was a start. Not to mention less house work to be done on the weekend. Then I Took my 2 pooches out for a nice walk. It was really nice to take a walk for reasons other than getting down the street so i could smoke where my husband wouldn't see me. It was refreshing, it was also nice to return to a cleaner house. flowerpot
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SabrinaV, What a great idea. Rather than sitting around having my very own withdrawls pity party, I should follow your lead and do some good ole fashion cleaning, since my none smoking hubby will be working late (I really use to burn'em up when he worked late)this will keep me occupied . Lord knows my house could use it! [b]Great Idea![/b] Grace, I pat you on the back for being able to quit with your husband still smoking. You must be as strong as steel! [b]You go girl![/b] Hats off to you ladies, Flowerpot [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WAy to go!! I have to say that I slipped yesterday :-( but I'm back on the wagon again today. Already have enough to do so I'll be busy! Clean house..yeah!!! (okay I haven't been excited about cleaning my house in a very long time...weird!)
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay you may find this funny (I do!!). I had my last one @ 1:30 yesterday. Sat at my computer working wondering if it would be okay to blow this quit and just go get some..for 2 more days..you know since I'm stressed and it'll only be two more days then my co-worker will return. Did I? NOPE...got up and started cleaning..MAJOR cleaning. My son came and asked me why I was doing all this scrubbing. WEll honey..its this or smoke. OUt of the mounths of babes comes: "WEll mom next time you need to smoke..my room needs a good cleaning too" LOLOLOLOL I just blankly stared at him and told him "nice try..." Just had to share that all...yeah I'm going to have a clean house by the end of the week!! Sabina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
my house needs cleaning, you are welcome to take care of it for me. welcome to the August Quiters. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi flower pot. Nice going. The one thing I love is the smell of citrus. So I always buy the fruity cleaners. Before I could not smell them after I smoked. Now it last all day. Oh yeah not that strong, just really ready. Very determinedand and digusted about smoking.
hey Sabinav, Cleaning house, keeping busy is good. But what are you doing to relax. Think about it, sooner or later you are going to have to sit. What then? Do you have coping skills for that? Just curious. I read you slipped. You can do this. Keep up the fight. Let that little slip be a big motivation to you. DO NOT LET NIC WIN. Go End of Summer Quiters Grace
Sabinav, I am ther with you. Not only is my house clean, I have tackled other projects to. My hubby still smokes, last weekend it rained, so I made a list of all sort of things that could be done. Surprisingly got them done farely quikly. I had a 4 day cleaning rotine, without smoking I can get it don in 2. So next I think I am gonna paint. My reward for week 1 was getting out of the house by my self. No kids just me and a tall frappa. Oh yeah and the 25 dollars I had saved. Hang in there, You are doing graet. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great way to get through it and now you can really SMELL how great your clean house smells. Keep up the great quit, you are using your mind and body in a very powerful way. It's amazing how much time we save when we don't have to stop what we are doing for a smoke break, much more time to enjoy life. Congratualtions on quitting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 587 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sabinav, Haha, thanks for sharing! Cleaning is a great coping mechanism but be sure to reward yourself periodically for overcoming cravings. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: