Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Not suffering but wondering when will i stop thinking about it?

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm not out of the woods myself, having only done two weeks - but wanted to sympathise with you today. I remember the third day being a difficult one. Be nice to yourself today, breathe in the lovely fresh air, keep yourself determined. I reckon you'll stop thinking about those disgusting tabs in a couple of days! Best of luck to you. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear BonBon, Grace, Candlwoman , Princess , Deli and everyone else WHO HAS POSTED ME SINCE I STARTED Guys you are really helping me out !! I still miss the stuff and it is strange coz i miss it more everyday not the other way around , but i guess the day will come when it wouldnt feel this important! The day will come when i wake up and I don't think of it till i sleep The day will come when i feel quite proud and happy having quit at last the day will come when the thought of smoking doesn't cross my mind or heart.. righ? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
yes shaila ; good advice actually taking on sthng new is helping, i mean i am trying new stuff, i am buying a new dvd player to watch all the new movies i have been missing on, oh btw does any one know if JVC is better than phillips or not coz these are the only two brands available to me ( I live in Cairo/Egypt , we don't have much choice) Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Today is my third day , i want to ask all of you quitters when did you stop thinking about smoking , i mean when did you stop obsessing about it . coz all i can think of today is how good it would feel to light up . today i am more stresses and tired than usual i still have a blocked nose and a flue that is not going a way ! and i am drinking herbal tea or eating vegi 's just all the time ! I will not smoke , this promise i made to myself but i didnt think i would miss that silly stuff that much , this is my first time i try to quit and i promise it will be the last .. i need to exercise but can't find energy or time ! i know exercise would help , also keeping busy would , any ideas though?
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I completed day 4 yesterday and I felt pretty good. The thoughts eased up, cravings weren't as bad, I felt really hopeful. Today was a totally different story. I felt really depressed, had trouble getting through the day and the cravings are back in a big way. I can see this is going to be a real roller coaster ride. I am on the patch and I still feel like a lunatic. I am really starting to worry about coming off the patch. I know I am getting ahead of myself but I can't imagine having to go through all this a second time. I guess I just need to take it a day at a time but it's really hard not to project about it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there are members on this site that have been non smokers for ages but you sometimes hear them talk about cravings and stuff!! its my first day too and although I miss it I have been keeping busy as best as i can.... try to focus on something new you would like to try for example Im thinking of all the delicious juices i will be making with my new juicer....
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Silly Habbit, I am new to, but even today I am not consumed with it. I have one real time during day. That is about when my hubby comes home. How far back in time are from the U.S. Please do not glamorize smoking, I know you think it might be great. Think about all the reasons why you are quiting, and your bennifets. Although I may think about it, It really is a nasty,digusting thing to do to your self. No matter how little or how much you smoke. You can do it. Grace
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I stopped immediately. I got so sick during the withdrawals that I didn't recognize any cravings. Since then I've had two mild cravings that were pretty well scattered. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I sort of hate to admit it. I quit for two years years ago, and I never really lost the craving. After lunch, I would eat chocolate because I would have mild cravings that I just sort of learned how to manage. However, I do know people who stopped smoking twenty, twenty-five years ago and they say they absolutely have no cravings. I think the cravings died for them years ago. I think each quit is unique. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,457 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/chicky.gif[/IMG] I can tell you at 35 days the thoughts lessen and lessen honestly they do. The first 4 days that is ALL i could think of. I wanted the withdrawls to be over and just feel "normal" well by week 3 i certainly did feel normal. Use all your coping mechanisims you have in place. Drink lots of water, sleep when you have to, take care of you. Just DONT smoke - as Marie would say, Its bad for you :)

Reading this thread: