Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Does the want ever go away?

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit 7/31/06 have been smoke free since then. I am taking Wellbutrin and have been doing fine. No craving for a cigarette, until the last two days. I haven't given in and won't because I have come this far but why am I having such strong urges. I thougth after three days the nicotine was out of your system and the cravings would become less and less not more. Anyone experience this? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stock; What's the deal w/deletions & moving stuff around here? I read your post re chemicals & didn't have time to print it, now can't find it. Also I swear I've posted a couple times & it didn't 'take', never thought of it as being deleted. Anyway, some good stuff in this thread. Believe me, when you're in Day 6 like I am, I certainly DO want to hear that the craving/good memory association ala smoking will someday be gone! And Chickstarr, hope you find that thread you refer to as I am one who would be interested in it. Thx, Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KayH Of course it does get better, easier and easier as you go. You have 33 days, six weeks, that is a long time. It doesn't have to take 3, 4, 5 months or two years of uneasyiness. I have read in "Quiting for Good" you should be in fairly good control after 3 months. Six months you are there and you maintain your guard. I am there as many others like Marie, PrinceeC, and Mama. That is all you need to do is to stay with the program. Stay positve, don't consider the longer term. You wil be done with the significant urgers by three months. It is really what you make of it, set yourself mentally free eary as Princess, Marie, and Mama have done. Adopt the spirit and control your mind. Sit back, relax, close your eyes, and control your thoughts. Try it! Love you! Loving the quit!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,983 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1039.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes. It does. I quit for two years once, and I didn't have cravings. (Read my story in introductions.) I have a friend who quit five years before I did twenty years ago and she does not smoke and says she does not crave it at all. So yes it does get better, but to get confortable, you might need to learn to tame the junkie. Treat it like the jerk that it is. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,003 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some days it gets so bad I think I can't do this, then I think of my sister in law laying in the ground cause she smoked. But does the want ever go away? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$13,427.01

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 363 Hours: 18

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kay, Here's a post that might be interesting to you in case you didn't come across it yet: [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?Forum=18&Topic=31641]This Is Why You Think About Smoking[/url] Hope this helps, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$43,121.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 753 Hours: 22

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Kay... According to many who have traveled this road a lot longer than you and I, yes, as time goes by it does get easier. Try to keep the faith, and take it one day at a time. And, keep reading and posting here. We've all been there or will be someday. Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$43,121.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 753 Hours: 22

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kayh, yes it gets better, you see I don't think about smoking anymore, it's not an option for me, but I still have feelings of emptiness and restlessness. I do it one day at a time :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 794 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stockport 1 Thank you for this post :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 803 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chickstarr: [quote]I think it's definitely not about waiting for the yucky feelings to go. You can wait forever & not feel obviously different (even though you are). You have to make the decision that you are different, be focused on that and stay focused on the positives. Take delight in your shining new self.[/quote] I really like what Chickstarr wrote. It describes so well what I think as well. We can either get busy living our new happy non-smoking life or we can stand still mourning the loss of a drug that was killing us. When we put it in simple terms like that, it makes the decision pretty darn easy to make, don't you think? Some may say 'Well it isn't that simple'. To that I say ever hear the saying 'Keep it simple stupid'? ;p heh! My WANT for a cigarette went away quite a while ago. It went away as soon as I realized [u]I was the one in control[/u] of making the decision as to what I wanted and what I didn't want. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,551 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: