Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Problem and one I did not expect ???

17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many thanks NascarFan, cybrduke, breaking free As I wrote to Rusty Maybe; I don't need to test or prove my self in the smoke room any more. I just felt this was my biggest challenge to over come? not smoking when others are ! now I have that problem in the bag. Maybe I need to get out of the second hand smoke !!! Great point from all you guy's " Now thinking should go out and buy my wife some Jewellery ??? " Is that a good idea ? or should I get a surprise pizza for her on the way home .... fully loaded of course ? Feel Free to respond............... Ian
Many thanks Rusty You could be right! maybe I don't need to test or prove my self in the smoke room any more. Thanks again Ian :confuse:
Many thanks avalleymom As you can tell by the speed of this reply this time is a real low for me and for sure your message is clear "Keep on going" If I ever had to make a leap of faith now's my time. Ian
Hi to all Just found five mins to read some SSC mail and another five to explain in bullet points how I feel right now.... day 17. After day five I was confident I could win this fight ! Up to day 12 I was knocking down wall's to reduce by cravings "I just confronted them one at a time" Day 13 onwards I have a high confidence that I can quit cigarettes ! but read on ? Being in our works smoke room armed with a cup of coffee is no problem for me at all but and here it comes the smell of other peoples cigarettes has a feel good factor and I am sure a calming effect on me. I don't want a cigarette !!! but it's good to smell the smoke. Back home which is a smoke free zone I am on edge, word sensitive, and not myself at all ? I must admit, I am not happy being a none smoker, I am NOT Weak I am not giving in ..... but I am not happy at all and it is this that is making me suffer the most and not the odd craving for a cigarette triggered by my smoking routine of the past. Is there any one out there that can relate to the above..... Please no shopping lists of why it's the right thing to do ? I know it's the right thing to do... but and here it comes I am not happy in being me right now !!! Is this normal ? Is this some kind withdrawal symptom ? I am lost as to how to deal with this .......... My Nick name was always my personal private Joke, but it isn't a joke right now ? Fingers crossed I am not the first to feel like this, because this is a dangerous time for me and I know it !!! Confused_U2 ??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �102 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Jacko "Thats exactly what happened to me in Turkey." ??? What happened in Turkey.... sorry lost the plot ? Confused_U2 (UK) Location Germany
Many thanks to all of you that responded your time & advise is very much appreciated. Firstly I will stay out of the smoke room as and when I can. Secondly Bren and I should reward our selves as we move forward. Currently we watch the glass jar in the kitchen grow as we put our cigarette money in every day, and we say that we will use the money in September when we travel to Dallas for our vacation. But (shouldn't start a sentence with but) that's two months away maybe we should do something short term ? we did have a picnic on Sunday but maybe we could do more ? your idea's are very welcome after all ...being just a Guy I lack a little imagination or spontaneity sometimes. Thanks to your support my clock move forward one more none smoking day........ keep them funny. Ian :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 634 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ian I'm with the other.......find another place for your breaks. Yes you'll probably miss the comeradery<(sp)but you'll just get use to a new routine. So many many things we have to change isnt there. We dont even realize it till they are staring at us. To my surprise I have the hardest time at home too. I thought it would be at work or in my car. But it is home. That is where i was use to coming in and getting all comfy after a hard day. Just relaxing. Now I fidget trying to pass time and NOT EAT. LOL Very restless,my daughter stays away! So I hope tommorrow is a better day. Hang in there. Correen
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Honey No need to bother these nice folk!!! You could have asked me for suggestions for treats! Or were you afraid I would have a two-track mind? Jewelry and a trip to Venice? TOO RIGHT! Although a romantic, steamy trip to Venice might be too early in our quit. The only steam you'ld see is the one coming from our ears instead of the bedroom! And think about it, jewelry is a nice and lasting reminder of what we have achieved. Why don't you buy yourself a watch, I'm sure there's a deep meaning behind it somewhere. Everytime you look at it, it should give you a feeling of pride and satisfaction. And I'm sure I can find some piece of jewelry to buy (well, I do have a list actually). Let's talk about it when you get home! xxx Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too LOVED the smell of a cigarette in the beginning....CRAZY????...heck I don't know but it was what it was. Sometimes every now and then I smell one in a distance and take a deep breath and think mmmmm (yep that junkie's still thinking). MOST of the time though I can't stand it not so much the burning part of one but the smell of the after one on people or in places. Is anyone ever normal??????.....giggle. You are doing great, keep going and HECK yeah a loaded pizza taken home to your wife.....YUMMY!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ian, I know what you man and I went through the very same thing. I didn't like myself anymore after 2 weeks of non-smoking. I was not a very nice person then and I think it's the poison in your body that is getting out. I still like the smell of a fresh cigaret but I don't mind that. I hope you deal with this but I know you can do that. Enjoy being a non-smoker and make fun with your lovely wife. Hang in there and a big hug for you and Brenda. ((((((((((((((( IAN & BRENDA))))))))))))))))))))) :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �336.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: