Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

2nd day blues!

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya CJ :) Big big hugs for you. Its hard to say goodbye but you can do it :) Mmm cherry cobbler :P lucky neighbours lol I read some awesome posts here this morning. I wished i had known about this place the last time i gave up, everyone really is so supportive. We are here for you CJ. Wishin i could give you a big hug. Its going to be alright - be strong :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Folks! I'm well into my second day. Ugh. I am dealing fairly well with the withdrawal - the physical ones anyway.... It's the mental ones that are driving me nuts. First off I feel somewhat depressed. Actually not somewhat - just depressed. I didn't really want to get out of bed this am and since I didn't have to work I could have stayed right there. But, I talked myself into getting up and facing the day. Then I just kind of wondered around the house. Had a few good crys. Then I picked 8 quarts of cherries from our tree, walked 1 1/2 miles to the neighbors for fresh eggs, walked back home and made 4 cherry cobblers..... STOP me before I eat them all..... Just kidding, only 1 is for us the rest are for neighbors. I have a headache, which I know is from withdrawal and I feel like I am a basket of nerves. I know this will get better in a few days. Along with being depressed though I feel angry. And that's the one thing I don't really understand. I didn't feel this way before when I quit so I guess that goes to show "every quit is different". I really thought I would feel sicker today than yesterday but I actually feel better than I did. I suppose all of these symptoms aren't as bad as last time because I was only smoking for a few months. Anyhow, I'm babbling. It's just that I can't call anyone to talk because the phone is a big smoking issue for me. Besides I don't know anyone else that smokes or has quit so there is no one to talk to anyhow. My family is great but they don't really understand the emotional turmoil of quitting. cj
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ Day 2 was horrible for me too! Couldn't stop crying and kept asking what the heck I was doing this for! But you will get through it, and you just have to give yourself credit for every minute you're not smoking. And it does get better! Take one day at the time! Sounds like you live in a wonderful place! Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
C.J hang in there, it will get better :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, Be gentle with yourself this week. If you're tired take a nap, if you're anxious get up and get moving. Whatever you love to do or whatever you think will help you get through the day. Sorry to hear you're having a rough day but know that it does get better and we are always here to listen. Keep us posted, Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This will pass. Vent away anytime you need! Just be nice to yourself and sleep more if you can. Keep busy when you are awake. Hang in there, it gets better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $274.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know some days you will not believe this but it will get better. Maybe not right away but in a couple of weeks. Hang in there and you can send me one of those cobblers if you want to. :)[color=Maroon]Just say no to nicotine![/color] Blue~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 516 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,678 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3199.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$7,652.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 627 Hours: 6

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: