Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I feel good, great and never better !!!

17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoi Fini Ik kan dat helaas niet downloaden, jammer, want dat zou gezellig geweest zijn! Is er een andere manier? Doei Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoi Fini I hope that when I get to 104 days, I'll be just as happy! Glad to hear you're doing just fine. It must be relief to be rid of the whole smoking thing. I'm not there yet, but still working on it! Doe zo voort! Kusje van je 'quit' zusje [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 81 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daatske, Ik heb SSCmessenger gedownload. Probeer eens of dat bij jou ook werkt. Dat zou geweldig zijn. Kus van je zus :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �306.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Thanks for all the good replies. I'm glad that some of you feel as good as I do. For Jerlasvegas I'm happy that he is doing so well. I'm proud Jer. Keep on going like this. Daatske, you will feel the way Ian and I do one day. It is such a good feeling. Night all, bedtime for the Dutch. Daatske, bedankt voor je lief berichtje. Leuk om zo een lief zusje te hebben. Gebruik jij messenger van hotmail? Ik zou je graag beter willen leren kennen. Truste en tot morgen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �303.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hello Kate, I'm really happy someone feels the same way I do....lol. Keep up the good work ;) It's really hot here, send us some rain, we are ready for it. Kiss Fini :P [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,579 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �303.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Hi gang, Here is some good news. I read so many sad stories here that I am going to tell you how I do. I have been smoking for almost 40 (!) years, 30 cigs a day. I quited on april 1th (no joke), cold turkey, and the next day I discovered that it was all in the mind. All the situations and events in my life were connected to a cig. I changed my life, replaced my furniture and even some friends who were bothered because of my quit. I do NOT have withdrawal symptoms, I have no idea what cravings are, I never had one. I have never felt better in my whole life and I never was happier than I am now. I know for sure that I will never ever smoke again in this life and also not in my next life if there is one... lol. I do not mind if I see other people smoke and I still think it smells good the first second. That doesn't bother me at all. Anyway, as long as you act AND think as a non-smoker it doesn't have to be so hard. I know that every quiter has his/her own way of dealing with it, but I do just FANTASTIC !! Has anyone else a good story? Please share it with us :) Big hug for all of you. Dutch Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,579 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �303.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldn't of said of it better. Navigator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dutch, Congratulations, Dutch! Your story is a huge support to the new quitters. My boss was just like you...woke up one morning and knew she was a non-smoker. I have had a few bad moments during my quit but I must say that I had the laser this time (tried patches and hypnosis on my last quit) and it really has made this quit so much easier. Stay strong and keep up the great work. Darcy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 517 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree Dutch, I think that quitting smoking is as hard as you make it. A lot of it is in the mind. I think that there is nicotine withdrawal but that is not too great, and is in the first few days. Most of it is mental. Your mind is powerful, but you and only you are in control of your mind. When you allow your mind to take control, thats when it gets bad.. you start to think overthink, and then panic..Those are the worst kind of cravings. I do think though that to be able to have control of the mind, you have to reeducate your mind, I know that i did. When I read the Allen Carr book and realised that it was my thinking and the brainwashing that was screwed, I was pretty much there. I really do hope that i never smoke again. I dont think I will, but I must also never say how easy it is to quit smoking, if I do - then I will just get complacent and smoke, thinking well i can always quit again. I do feel amazing, life is so much better without cigarettes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 779 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dutch Fini, it seems that you are doing great and that's GREAT! well,i started smoking when i was 18..till 28...not 30 cigs a day but enough to make me feel bad. And i alwasy thought i would be easy to quit..but i didn't want to quit. It's been quite sometime that it bothers me the smell of my hair,of my clothes..my bad taste,my sick stomach etc etc etc.. So,i said let's do it. Let's think like a non smoker.And it's working like this. And it feels better..no bad smell,no bad taste,no sick stomach. No i just think why i didn't do it earlier! A big kiss from cloudy Athens-ready to rain? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: