Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

I Feel So Strange Not Smoking (Zyban)

17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All My New Friends, My 10th day is just over as its 00-35am here in the UK. Lovely 21 degree (c) morning and not a bit of wind around. Why do I feel like this on Zyban? I`m not smoking-I dont want one-Ive been sat with 3 smokers in the bar tonight and we never spoke about cigs-I just dont understand. Usually I would go completely mad and search the house, car, bedrooms, drive for miles to get one, especially now on the computer as this is were I used to just blow 10 to 20 cigs in an hour no problem. I would smoke the smallest dimp out of the ashtray. I would call a taxi to get me some from the 24 hr garage and bring them to me at home if I was over the drink drive limit. Why has all this left me-I feel so strange not knowing what its like to REALLY be a non-smoker. I aint used to this!!! ITS A NEW LIFE I eaten Brocolli for the 1st time in my 41 year life and it tasted nice-I been the gym 4 times now in ten days-MAD! (well Ive been the gym 4 times in 2 years plus) ITS DEFFO A NEW LIFE I just hope all my new friends can stay quit...all of you are my life at the moment and we gotta be together. I look forward to all your posts and I will help back as much as I can. Jacko (Smokeless for 10 days and 47 mins) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 490 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CHEERS ALL, Yes its been a right old change-up in my life this quit. Different from other quits-I feel stronger, more determined and enthusiastic in the fact Im deffo gonna live longer. ITS MAD!! Thanks, All of You. Jacko [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jacko good for you, enjoy the new you. Marie fighting hard everyday one day at a time [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jacko, Glad you're doing well mate! .. not sure about brocoli though... Mrs Ed says that if I started eating that stuff she'd be convinced I'd gone off my head Meat-eating horse Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1080 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JACKO, CONGRATULATIONS ON 10 AMAZING SMOKE FREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!! What phenomenal news! I am so glad you are doing so well. But of course you are, coz I KNEW you would. It's one of those 'I just know, there's something about this person, they are going to kick this I just know it' kinda feeling. LOL. If that's at all clear. We are enjoying your company here too, and I am certain you will bring much knowledge here that we can all aspire too as well. You are doing great, stay strong! You are succeeing at your new life!!! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jacko - You are doing great on that Zyban! It is working so well for you and I am proud of your strength and power. You are so positive I know that you are going to own this quit for yourself and will succeed!! I think it's time for a reward!!! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,800.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 4

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jacko Glad you are doing great and enjoying your new way of life Keep strong Beto [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jacko, it's a Magical Mystery Tour, isn't it? I'm so proud of you! I hope all those changes that you are going through, strange as they may seem, are putting a smile on your face. Did you ever think that there could be so many adventures in life? Broccoli? Haha! Next you'll be eating Brussels sprouts and learning to tango! This is a slow process...JohnW says take it in the slow lane, and he's right. It will take time to learn the new You. Just relish the healing and the renewing and the rebirthing that's going on. You're doing awesome! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 570 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,983 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1995 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,745.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 13

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JACKO, You are doing great! Thank you for sharing your journey with us and know that we are proud of you. Continue to keep us updated as we can all learn from one another. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: