Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Feeling blue, boo whooo

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wahay, look at you, TWO WEEKS!!! Congratulations Jeani Girl!! I reckon it just one of those days, I had it yesterday, I woke up today different day, and I felt different too. They said on the news that today was meant to be the happiest day of the year (23rd June)... so what happened? ;)
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rainne, I keep thinking my quit must be different, why do i feel so blue when i should be rejoicing. This past 3 days have been glum i find myself thinking about smoking almost all the time even though i try to drown out those thoughts. I know its junkie thinking thats why im hanging on to my quit, i know what you mean about being two different people, i think we have to try and merge and find our true self, you protect your wonderful quit, i will be thinking of you, post often.. jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
I don't know whats different, but i felt it coming on yesterday feeling blue... trying to shake this feeling of doom and gloom, have read all the posts, keep talking to myself.... i know i have no reason to feel this way, i did'nt loose a friend on my quit i gave up a mortal enemy... OK.. OK flush the pity pot, and the whoa is me, just would like to shake this feeling....jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Thanks BF, you are a sweety thinking of me, im trying to loose this bloody blue feeling i saw the stats and other posts, WOW ive come along way, i think your quit is great and your attitude is even greater. I have done alot of reading this morning to lighten my load, why is it such a battle right now, i say NO and my other half says yes, i even started imagining scenarios that i would be allowed to smoke, why do i feel this void, why, why, why, Yeh.. i know JUNKIE THINKING>>> i need a lobotomy..... jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 202 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeanigirl: What you're feeling seems normal. I'm going through the same period of down and out blues. It's probably the deepest in despair I've felt in a long time. With the help of everyone here, and with some good coping skills, you will get through it. I will pray for yur strength and for your load to lighten. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say you're imagining scenarios where you're "allowed" to smoke. My brain is still telling me that this is temporary, and if I get to X months, then I can have a cig as a reward. It's junkie thinking, and I keep having to tell my addicted brain that it just can't happen that way. It's very strange to have to tell my mind that it's WRONG! It's like I'm two different people sometimes! Quitting seems to be crazy!! Best of luck to you, and please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Your post sounds far too similar to what I've been thinking myself the past few days. Rainne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Third week is blah week. Reward yourself. Have you been rewarding yourself? You must not forget to do this ... it is very important. REWARDS ARE IMPORTANT! Did I mention rewards are very important? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 18

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today Jeanigirl? There is a table with your name on it in the Cafe (avoid relapse forum)... and a celebration thread for you (stats forum). Hope you are doing better today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 18

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2 Weeks Rocks JeaniGirl... You will shake this feeling - emotions come straight to the top when quitting. Sometimes it just not pretty, other times, it's simply incredible. Keep yourself busy through the not so incredible times! Congratulations on getting through hell week and heck week. [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/cuties34.gif[/IMG] CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,543 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's depression, Jeanigirl, and it's perfectly normal in the early quit. No amount of reason, common sense, or rationalization will help because it's a brain chemistry thing. Try distractions and exercise for the quickest result. Rewards are what you really need. Anything will do, all it has to do is make you happy or feel good. Congratulations on two smoke-free weeks, Jeanigirl. Fantastic! :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 396 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1504.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: