Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Stories of being Dizzy, Lightheaded, In Space, Foggy, etc...

17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Its me again Craving so bad right now its not funny :mad: I am also EXTREMELY DIZZY, was really worried to drive today! I forget everything walk to a place for example then forget what im doing there, :p Im really tense right now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
HI ALL thanks for sharing this link with me! I now got an understanding why im soooo Lightheaded and dizzy today and how long i may experience this. Its a frightening experience and not very pleasant. Im scared to drive when this happen and at work i forget and people looking at me like i got dementia or something. Having really short memory and concentration is of a concern to me together with feeling everything is spinning around! I have also developed a such itchy and tender scalp, and have a light constant headache. ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Thanks Cheryl Stress---YEEES :eg: :eg: I think im goin crazy?? Forgetful-and dizzy -and nervous YES this is stressful ---IM almost giving up :( [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/marge.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I have this problem and I think I was a little heavier smoker than you. I smoked at least two packs a day for over 30 years. I have had a lot of trouble finishing anything and this is a big deal for me at work because pressure to perform is tough here. But my quit is more important because I don't need a job if i'm DEAD! Anyways, today, I put music on at my desk, which we have always been allowed to do but I just never have and it really has seemed to help for some reason. Part of it too for me is that I still just can't seem to sleep well. I was thinking about maybe going to the doctor and temporarily having him give me something for it because I need to talk to him about my blood pressure medicine anyways. I went to do my blood pressure the other day and noticed that my pulse rate is down to 40! Maybe we can reduce the blood pressure medicine now that I'm not smoking! That would really be awsome, I've been on the same BP meds for 14 years! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 505 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$74,931.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 13

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melatonin works great for getting a good nights sleep. It is natural. You really should try it. It was recommended to me on this site. One less symptom to worry about ... plus being well rested helps with focus, concentration and being able to fight off cravings and depression. I think I have suggested this to you before though. If so, sorry for the redundancy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$54,495.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 11

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi aekvall, Ok, time to change your focus. Yes, you're dizzy, tense, anxious and everything else under the sun but it's a good thing! May not seem like it right now, but it's a sign your body is healing itself. You're going to be healthier after this, you're not going to spend most of your day/life smoking. You need to change your frame of mind and look at this as an opportunity to live a new better life. Basically, you get to start from scratch! You get to take a look at the world and decide what you want to do with all this new found time and it can be anything you want! You've got 8 glorious smoke free days under your belt. Focus on that! You got through day 1, 2... you'll get through this one too and eventually you won't spend half your energy and time thinking about how you're going to get through your day. I hope this will help you get through the next few days. Start dreaming up possibilities! Keep persevering, Danielle _________________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep, today's my quit date and I've had em all already. Including the new understanding of what it must feel like for a woman to be pmsing. I have laughed at sad things and cried at least twice today. It's kind of entertaining.
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the responses. It's comforting to know that it's not only me and that it may/will eventually disappear. I really thought it was the patch at the beginning, but it's not. I am not a big drinker by any means (socially only) but I really feel the best after a couple of beers. (Please don't use that as a cure, it's just an observation).. From a health perspective, I have regular checkups, I had one a week after I quit (mostly due to the fact that I increased my exercise regiment substantially at the same time as I quit). So we did blood, heart, etc..On the surface everyhting seems fine and I have no medical history. Interesting observation on the ear infection. It's something I am very familiar with due to some sinus problems in the past (which often winds up in the ear). I am very familiar with the feeling and equilibrium problems associated with it. It is a different feeling. Thank you again for your words of wisdom and support. At least I can still type, that's a good thing. P [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $351 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
I've noticed numerous threads here about the above symptoms. It seems many people suffer with these. I felt mine is bad enough and worthy of another thread. I've been off for more than a month now (smoked 1 1/2 packs per day for 20 years and quit for 2 years 10 year ago). I get the occasional craving but determined not to smoke because I feel great (Yes it is all in the mind). So the cravings are really not the issue for me. I started with the 21Mg patch for about 10 days and then stopped and now use the 2mg gum about 5-6 times per day. I stopped the patch because I thought that this was the reason for my "spacey" feeling as well as some anxiety. As I read these forums I realized that it is most likely the additional oxygen and/or sugar imbalance. I am in great physical shape, run and exercise daily, my BP is normal/low and my resting heart rate is in the mid 60. Reading "The BIG QUIT" on the internet made me relate to the painful experience of not being able to concentrate/focus. I was fine the first week with no symptoms. Week 2 I started to get that "foggy, spacey" feeling and really developed a difficulty to focus and concentrate. The feeling is still with me (not better not worse) just there. I don't get dizzy, I just feel like I am permanently hung over. Reading the forums it seems that in some cases the feeling can last 3-4 months. I am a senior manager with over 17 years of experience in what I do so I can do my job with my eyes closed (and currently kind of doing that due to the lack of focus). Thank god for that because I can just imagine someone having to have to go through this starting a new job. The lightheadedness and the difficulty to concentrate are at times insurmountable. I've developed a great talent to delegate pretty well everything. Things are a little sharper early in the morning and in the evening. During the day things can be challenging at times. I know it goes away at some point, but just wanted to share my grief and to say that if you are new to this and have these symptoms, there is nothing really wrong with you and you are not alone. I will continue to update this thread with my symptom progress. In the meantime, here more detailed symptoms and what I do to cope. The feeling of being hung over, light headed, spacey. Lack of
Hey Aekvall. I started this thread and I can certainly relate on how you feel. I remember at around day 14 I walked into Walmart and had to walk out because I felt so spaced out and that made me really paranoid. It's a bit of a chicken and the egg. The worse (dizzy) you feel the more anxiety you will experience and that adds to the problem... (Like a double dose of the dizzies). Once I read numerous articles on the topic and I understood the problem , I was comfortable with it and accepted it as a temporary reality (as annoying as that was)and tried to develop ways to work around it. That reduces the anxiety factor. There are also a couple of things my doctor suggested. 1. The old breathing into the paper bag. That reduces the level of oxygen in your blood (although only temporarily) 2. He gave me tranquilizers to reduce the anxiety factor. I am not a big fan of medication and never used them, but may be help to some. In the end, if you read these boards, you�ll see that it goes away for everyone eventually. Albeit at different times. At 80 days of the symptom, I am probably longer then average...but it is slowly improving and the "good"days are really good. The reality is that after it�s all said and done, you will feel better all-around then when you smoked.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $711 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: