Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Not A Good Day =(

18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie, I'm at 3 weeks and a day and I still have those moments when the world just seems to bend a little and nothing appears to be right. I cry while watching a comedy for crying out loud! Then there is the arguement I can CLEARLY hear going on in my head; where the sane part of me is yelling at all body parts: "SHUT the H*** up, EVERYTHING is going to be JUST FINE....We've just run into a bit of fog here and things will clear up very soon. "Teeth, let go of fingernails right this second! We need to work together to keep mouth closed." "Mouth, don't even think about it!" Mouth....Mouth....MOUTH!!!!" "Alright everyone... prepare to duck!" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie, These are the days you must be extra special good to yourself. Do something different that will reward you for how well you've done to get where you are today. Hang in there! We are here. Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Duckie, I too was very spacey. I still am, although only faintly. I'm not sure on the other symptoms though. I did not have them. Maybe you are coming down with something?? Drink lots of water. And some juice helps too. Maybe throw in an orange? Just in case....... Take care. I hope your day gets better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Duckie- Take it one step at a time, try not to get ahead of yourself - just stay in the moment, which keeps the overwhelm down. We can handle anything one moment at a time And since you slept so good, it sounds like getting into your favorite jammies and sleeping through some of this will help too. Cat naps helped me so much. Sounds like your body is calling for some good, deep sleep. Some recharge time. This is a time to be very gentle w/yourself, Duckie - you are healing. Hot soothing baths, a favorite movie or favorite music, buy yourself a new book (reward time!) Rewards are soooo important. You can do this, one moment at a time, dear one. Blessings - [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,644 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie, wow - then what a wonderful opportunity for you to learn about loving yourself and acknowledging yourself. Make a list of some things that you would love to have - small, medium and large rewards... and treat yourself. The rewards are very, very important. For me, a manicure and a pedicure I love - buying a new plant and taking care of it touches my soul, a massage feeds my soul too... And so it goes... Duckie, get out of your head, dear one. Stop trying to think it all to death - just BE in the moment:) Best and blessings- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $218.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You poor dear Duckie...But just look! You made it thru the day smoke free...and that is what counts the most!!! It is completely acceptable to cry, whine, snivel, snot, throw a tantrum...whatever you have to do not to smoke...We have all been there, so you are in great company! LOL I hope your tomorrow brings you a renewed sense of peace! Amy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Duckie. From what you describe it's hard to tell if it's smoking related, or like 4mygirls' said, you're getting sick. Maybe you need a jammie day? Take time for yourself and maybe a nice bath and some extra sleep may fix you up! Hope you feel better soon. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Duckie, I remember only too well how you feel. Lots of water will help a bit. Just remember that what you are going through now is the worst of it. It only gets better from here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $618.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LMBO..... I know the brain mouth disconnect thing really isn't funny but looking back it is! I had the same disconnection. People thought I was totally nuts. My coworkers were afraid to speak to me. Use this to your advantage. You know those people that you have always wanted to tell how you felt about them but never had the nerve? Here is your chance. You can blame it on the quit :p It won't be much longer Duckie....you are not screwed forever. The brain does take control again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1025.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
.....one more thing. Cry and whine away... I sure did. You are allowed. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,856 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1022 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: