Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

When will it get better?

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pamala... Thanks for posting the stages of the quit. It helps when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Some days of a quit are simply easier than others. On those bad days just hang on and remember that even when we smoked, we had bad days. Smoking doesn't ever make anything better. Keeping your quit will change your world. Keep fighting... it is worth the battle :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,589 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Struggling. Day 3 was by far the hardest one for me, too. Felt like I'd been fighting for months instead of just a few days. Just hang on and ride this out. It does get better. I think the worst part of it all is the uncertainty. Right now you probably feel like it has lasted for an eternity and like it will continue for another eternity. It does not! And I'm guessing the end of the worst part is close at hand. Tommorrow, maybe. Follow Lady's advice. She didn't make the Hall of Fame for nothin'. :) You'll be glad you did. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1204.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's great that your progressing so well in your quit, Struggling. Keep it up and you'll have to change your name, lol. Pamala, that's great information you posted. Thanks. Stage 1: Physical withdrawal, Hell week Stages 2 & 3: Heck and Blah weeks Stages 4 & 5: 30-day slump or hump or whatever you choose to call it Stage 6: 100-day hump that seems to happen from 80 - 120 days for most Stage 7: You move from being a quitter to being a ex-smoker, or non-smoker if you prefer Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1208.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: