Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

How do I make nicodemon powerless???

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's horrible... I have a widget on my computer that keeps a count that includes the number of world deaths related to tobacco... at my quit time 104 days 19 hours 37 minutes and 15 seconds there were 1,148,800 people (worldwide) that have *statistically* died since I've quit. That's a sobering thought. Jackey
  • Quit Meter

$215,683.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7816 Hours: 1

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Parola, The way I find I can keep the nicodemon in control is simply by counting. I start out 1001... 1002... 1003... all the way to 1008 then I stop, take a deep breath and realize that someone in the world has just died from a tobacco related illness. I use this as a way to shock myself back into to the now, and to remind myself why I'm quitting. CONGRATULATIONS on staying the course so far. It gets easier. Cravings can hit at any time, but it DOES get easier. Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$215,683.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7816 Hours: 1

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Thanks, everyone. Today is lot better, actually the first day that I feel as a human being, that there is any hope at all in my life, and that there is not only a sponge in my head, but brain. it is nicodemon, or junkietought, whatever we call it - for me it was also a hard confronting with a dark, negatief, unfaithful side of my self. Reading your reactions was the only which helped, let me hope that I can survive this. Thanks again, Parola [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hi Ron, thanks, I wish you the same. i just answered you at the 0-7 discussion. Can you sleep a bit more relaxed? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Thanks Shevie, it looks like nicodemon tried it first very violently on me - and today it was like siren, just whispering - you can take that little bugg. Is is it a very creative demon? Do I have to be prepared always for something new? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Hey everyone, I have to tell, I never managed to come so far without your support - and real understanding. People around me either do not smoke (never smoked, or quitted eaasily) or smoke - anyway: they have no idea about this struggle. Now, what a mental game is this?!! today was my first day without crying, I felt as well that there is probably a brain in my head - not only a big sponge - I noticed that there is a nice spring outside - and I also got the idea - that probably I can smoke - just a little - as it looks like I am not so bad anymore. completely crazy and not logical, or rational - but it entered my mind - and I even picked a halve cg from the floor of a staircase. I did put it in my bag - and fortunately after 10 second I realized what I was doing, I throw it away. How can you realize the various forms of craving?? and how can you be always prepared and resist? Parola [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, you can survive it Parola! You've come such a long way. I congratulate you for it! Keep doing what you're doing, keep fighting, not listening to the Nicodemon. Take care, Ron
18 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How true Shevie, I thought i could have just one, wrooooooooong. Out with some friends and thought I've been good for a week and have one. A day and a pack later I'm wanting to beat myself up. Nicodemon wants you think he has him beat after a couple of days or weeks like I had and he bit me in the @@@. Now it's day one again, and fighting the withdrawal again and for the last. Too much to look forward to in life than smoking.
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! Personally, I don't think there are different cravings. First of all, the nicoteen is out of your system by now, so now it you are battling your addiction. Nicodemon is sneaky. I did ask the very same question as you did. Everyone responded by saying to stay on guard. He will creep up on you. Be cautious. Any thought of smoking is just the junkie talking. Reconize it, and just like Shevie said, prepare for it. It truely is less if it is anticipated. Hold true to yourself. You have a very great quit right now. Don't let anything jeapordize it! Stay strong. Stay informed. Stay ahead of the game - by being prepared. Congrats on your 7 day quit! You are doing GREAT! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Jackey- I didnt know of that. I am going to do that too. The thought of the destruction that smoking causes really gets me. Thanks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 974 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: