Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Day 20. Please help!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
alexa, Great attitude, stay positive and keep the quit going one day at a time. Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi poor Alexa I envy your stat, I am only 5 days in quitting, every day away from smoking become an earned time, and I hate to loose. This kinda keep me going because I do not wantt to have to go through it again. Alexa, did you do your homework; Do you know all withdraw symptoms, craving and other changes you will go through. When people talk about quitting experience, they mean their own, which is different for everybody. I'v heard some say the first 24 hours are the hardest, I heard others say the third day, others the seventh day, and others the tenth day, still others the 30th day. Nothing is set in concrete for everybody. Do you get it? Alexa, Anyone of us can always go back to smoking, it is the easiest thing to do. I and everybody here can identify with every word you said, Just about the same thing we all say when the craving is striking like no where to run and no where to hide , almost to the letter. This is called junkie thinking and junkie talk, remember. At this time, your addiction is still very strong, therefore you cannot see clearly, Please let the ones who walked this path before you help you and tell you what to do and how to deal with this. Trust these oldies, and be gratefull they are around here to help us, the newbies, maybe they did not have no one themselves. Let them ease your road as much as you let them. Still is not going to be a rosey road, but it'll be the safest possible through this. All you have to do is listen, take their wise words to your heart. You are not any different than they were and knew. Good luck..Adam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Were here listening to you Alexa. Be Strong. Hang in there! Be my role model as I'm almost to 20 days as well. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Just wanted to say that I am still moke-free and it's day 23!!! I take one day at a time. I don't know what tomorrow or the next will bring. Yesterday was like I never smoked. Not one craving. I know that there will be more cravings. Like I said I live one day at a tume. My husband quit 10 years ago and he still has passing thoughts about smoking. So I don't have my hopes high regarding urges and craves. One day at a time. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Hi I am doing better today, thanks for asking. It is day 21 and I can't beleive I got this far. I want to say, though, that I am not a happy person now. And I don't know for how long I will be feeling this way. It is not a depression, it is more "what did I quit smoking for if I was much happier when I smoked" And I can understand younger people who have long lives ahead of them after they quit smoking, but me being 57 yo, why would I deprive myself of little plesures I have left. I know it is wrong to think like that but it is how I feel. I hope that these thoughts will go away. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Thanks everbody. I made it through today at work. It is much easier at home. Also my husband who quit 10 years ago will keep an eye on me. I hope tomorrow will be better because today was very, very hard. Thanks again, Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi everybody, It is my day 20 and I am dying for cigarette. It is the hardest day for me so far. First 3 days were OK, my restaurant experience with drinking was OK, so why today? I am fighting so hard and don't know if I will win. I, like some of the people on this board, quit not because I wanted to but because I understood that I had to. I liked to smoke. I never had any problems while I was smoking (cough, shortness of breath ,etc) and I was smoking for 40+ years. Funny that only after I quit I started to experience shortness of breath. Does anybody know why? Anyway, today is very hard. This board helps a lot. I started to feel better while I was writing this post. Thank you for listening. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there again Alexa, I was just checking in on you. It appears that you are doing well so far???? I am proud that you got through yesterday! One day at a time girl!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you!!!!! It is wonderful you have your hubby by your side. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 765 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alexa! Just as everybody else said, there are good days and there are bad days. Each time you overcome a craving, it makes Nicodemon think he has to come on stronger, ya know, to get you back. Just fight it, one by one. I do think by what you said, "I, like some of the people on this board, quit not because I wanted to but because I understood that I had to. I liked to smoke." that you are romancing your smoking. Deep down you quit because you didnt want to smoke anymore. "Had to" quit is just your reasoning for doing so. You have made it 20 days without smoking. That is great! It does say that you dont want to smoke!! I also think most of us say we "liked to smoke", but that isnt from our minds -- it comes from the addiction. It is the addiction we satisfied when we lit one up. We had to replenish the nicotene is our bodies when it got low. So that "aaahhhh" feeling is what we associate our "liking" to smoke with. Its just addiction. Once you stop thinking you are missing out on smoking, and take it for what it is, NASTY, DANGEROUS, SMELLY, DEATH. You will come out ahead of Nicodemon! You need to not "miss" it anymore........ Keep strong and fight it. You can do it! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alexa- Well done, dear one! We are all here and going through the same stuff... Hang in there, and just take it moment to moment. When the cravings come, I just tell myself, "If I still smoked, I sure would have a cig right now" - (and of course, bec. I don't smoke anymore, I don't:) that has helped me alot... Take good care and reach out when you need to -someone here will catch you! Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: